Wiki Posts
Search

6th Annual London Presidents (US) Weekend Do: February 15-18, 2008

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 5:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sorry I couldn't make the Cork&Bottle, but had to do some work. It was great seeing everyone over the weekend.

Had a lovely birthday yesterday. Lots of drinkies with friends. Came back to the hotel to discover they had sent me a bottle of champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, french chocolates, and an audiobook (I had mentioned I like listening to audiobooks to one of the managers, and he remembered).

Efrem, sorry to miss you at the RCC. I decided to switch my non-stop flight to connecting via SFO so I could get some extra sleep. I'll probably regret it on the back-end (ie, when I connect), but at the time it seemed like a good idea.

Will post pics of the weekend get-togethers this weekend. Cheers.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:06 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I wanted to apologize that my friend Scott & I didn't make the drinks or dinner on Saturday night. We got caught up on our own exploration of London unfortunately.

It was nice to meet the group on Friday night however!

Greg
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1.95 MM
At home and back to normal. Thanks Sharon for hosting the DO I hope everything went the way you planned. Also thanks to the rest of the group everyone was nice and had a great time at each event.

As I was going though ORD immigration I was told I could not travel on my passport anymore as it was too full and needed to get pages add to it. I sent it in today so I will be in the penalty box for international trips till I get it back.

Thanks again and see you at a future DO.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Poker Professor
As I was going though ORD immigration I was told I could not travel on my passport anymore as it was too full and needed to get pages add to it.
The best place to do that is at a consulate outside the U.S. I had mine done in Sydney in 45 minutes. Keep that in mind should your next passport get full.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I'll post pictures this weekend. Great seeing everyone! Cheers.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Gold
If it seems I vanished, it is only because MsPColl and I were having too much fun ourselves. Just returned from a lovely 7-day stay; so much fun we have to do it again!
Anyway, quite sorry to have missed you all on SAT evening. Our travel was a bit longer than anticipated, and we simply slept right thru the meeting time!
Happy Travels -
-Pat-
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I was too jet-lagged to remember to take many photos.

Here is one EFREM kindly took with my camera, at all Bar One in Soho on Friday of Gavin-H, PennyBlack1840, MargoOz, Peter, and myself:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...008cropped.jpg

Glen
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:38 pm

Thumbs up

Thanks for that, Glen!

We certainly don't look like most people's idea of a typical bunch of stamp collectors
Old Feb 29, 2008, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Ok, uploaded my photos, which are at:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...-prez-weekend/

If someone could provide me w/ the handle of the FTer w/ the ? I'll add it. I can't remember & I was sitting at the opposite end of the table.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I had a great time and got back home to get immersed in work and school.... been staying away from FT as it's too addictive!

Anyhow, thanks to Sharon and all the various attendees for the very nice weekend. ^
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I just booked a very cheap fare to London for President's day weekend 2009 (February 13-16). Hope we are having this Do again for 2009!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:27 am

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Ok, uploaded my photos, which are at:

http://public.fotki.com/SkiAdcock/fl...-prez-weekend/

If someone could provide me w/ the handle of the FTer w/ the ? I'll add it. I can't remember & I was sitting at the opposite end of the table.

Cheers.
It was me!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by treadsoftly
It was me!
LOL. I'm currently at LHR on my way to AMS. I'll update when I get to AMS. Cheers.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
LOL. I'm currently at LHR on my way to AMS. I'll update when I get to AMS. Cheers.
Heh. I haven't been back in London since then, but I'll be around in the first two weeks of November for my periodic migration up northside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.