Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Europe Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:07 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Smile Club Europe Service

I thought that I would update the Check in thread with a word about the Club Europe service.

We were very fortunate that we had a super crew on a 757 with a real CSD who knew her job backwards.

The lounge at LHR was airless and really quite unpleasant, and yes Champagne is available upon request.

HI and I were in 3A+C and we had coats whisked away and we were off the gate about 5 mins late. We came to a halt as they decided to land am Emirates aircraft on 26R which was being used as the take off runway. That small delay dealt with we shot off to LIS. Club was packed right bach to row 13. The drinks were out in about 5-10 minutes. The Champagne was not terribly cold- bottles were whisked off to be put on ice ~ a nice touch. Dinner came on a rather sparse looking tray. I had the Gnocchi and HI had the Thai Beef salad which he declared to be delicious. My Gnocchi were very tasty and filled me well. Gormet cuisine it was not but it was hot and tasty.

The crew never stopped throughout the flight and were most impressive.

Having just flown in F on CO the product stands fair, I have not eated on AA for some time. I had plenty of legroom but First Class those seats are not.

So we are now in Northern Portugal about 60 miles south of Oporto and have found a cybercafe where we can check in for our return next week.

One day I will have to go back to work. Life is so unfair - why was I stolen from a royal bed?

Hugs and love to all
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Have a lovely holiday and hope the return is as sweet. Btw, take it easy on the sherry
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:51 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Have a lovely Easter holiday, Pucci! Hope it includes some pulpo and vinho verde.

ps: I agree a bit more ventilation would not go amiss in the lounges!
Old Apr 6, 2007, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Interesting. I flew LHR-LIS in CE on Apr 1. Club went way back...towards row 12 or 13...I didn't really worry about this as I was in 3A on the 757. However we did have a celeb (someone from 'Blue'...any ideas who this was?) in 2F which caused some discussion (mostly amongst the very attractive dancers from www.birdcollege.co.uk who had all been UG'd from Y...thanks BA!). The full english went down well but the Monopole Blue didn't!

On the way back from FAO this morning we had Carlos of GB, who I have had on flights before. He is an excellent Purser and a credit to his airline. Unfortunately we were subject to the merged "Band 3&4" and there was only a hot main with no starter (on a 2h 45m lunchtime flight) but the Charles Heidseick from full bottles and the Port with cheese made up for that.

As we have always said, the crew really make the Club Europe product.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 3:52 am
Original Poster

I am bumping this mainly because of the flight back from LIS yesterday. The 11.05 BA 501 on a 757 was fully laden. There was a slight hiatus with a very tall gentleman and his 3 children (Oh Gaza I thought about you) who were actually beautifully behaved and a pleasure to fly with. He was gate ug'd (I think) and the CSD was brilliant in moving people around to accommodate everyone.

We left silghtly early - and yes we had the Monopole Blue top - I am probably the only woman here who quite likes it. Screw top is not true Champagne but I suppose it is is still a bit of a treat to get served rather than serving. Lunch was a choice of one hot dish (other than the CSD) - ravioli and one cold which was a chicken salad. HI declared his delicious and my ravioli was hot and tasty. Club ran all the way back to row 16 so they were pushed and yet still had time to be friendly and personable.

We landed on time and - guess what - the jetway at Gate 20 failed. So we had to wait for some steps for about 5-10 minutes. Thanks to the shrieking match between the gate agent and the person who brought the stairs we all learnt that was going on as we disembarked I gather that engineers to fix would not be forthcoming ('cos o Easter an' there mostly off. You couldn't make it up ).

So although this is not really a trip report - I just thought I'd add something that is very BA - not my division from a passenger standpoint. I can truly say that not one thing was wrong with my OLCI's in either direction - we were on time - the Lounge Dragon and the Lounge Lizard smiled and the flights were very pleasant for short Euro-hops.

Just to bring this utterly up to date - Lisbon uses the Air France Lounge - the old ANA one was ripped down to build more shop space ( 1 Litre Bombay Sapphire 47% proof was E18 a bottle. Yippee!! (I do not now have to sleep with Gordon Brown to afford my Mother's Ruin!)). Security has moved from the gate to the point that you go airside. There were lots of machines - they were very thorough - I did not have to remove my Jimmy Choos (yes they are - I can be in heels all day and your feet never notice) and the people were very pleasant and spoke excellent English. (Notice the language skills at Heathrow recently?).

So now all I have to do is to be signed back to work by the Doctor. and the washing machine is on its spin cycle so it's back to the kitchen for Cinderella!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
We left silghtly early - and yes we had the Monopole Blue top - I am probably the only woman here who quite likes it.
I'm with you Pucci (well, not the being a woman part). I've had it all, from Andre (über cheap US brand) to LR Crystal and everything inbetween, and I've never run into a sparkling wine (or better ) that I've never liked.

So on the plus side, you can give me any old plonk and I'll be happy. On the minus side, giving me "the good stuff" is a waste of time and money because I honestly can't tell the difference.

So I say "BRING ON THE MONOPLE"
Old Apr 10, 2007, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mwalsh
I'm with you Pucci (well, not the being a woman part). I've had it all, from Andre (über cheap US brand) to LR Crystal and everything inbetween, and I've never run into a sparkling wine (or better ) that I've never liked.

So on the plus side, you can give me any old plonk and I'll be happy. On the minus side, giving me "the good stuff" is a waste of time and money because I honestly can't tell the difference.

So I say "BRING ON THE MONOPLE"
Mr Walsh...you just became a Mucci. ^

Congratulations!
Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:30 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I don't like Monopole I'm afraid; screw top I can live with at home as it makes it easier to get into. Yet it's no big deal really.

However, when I have to pour it myself then you truly realise that service has gone to the dogs. I see a day in the not too distant future when we have to go to the galley ourselves and fill our glass with fizz from a tap Maybe I should pack a a gorgeous little hamper for the flight in future and so not be disappointed.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:56 am

Just got back from a little weekend in Berlin, in CE, and provides an interesting comparison to LIS/FAO service.

Check-In: Zone R was a breeze at sparrow's fart on Saturday morning. No bags to drop, although I noticed that there were at least 4 desks manned which compared to when I went to Lisbon, when at 0600 on a Sunday roughly 36 hours after the end of school term in the UK there was 1 desk manned! A 20 minute wait to drop a bag is not 'fast' however you look at it. What are BA playing at?

Lounge: The usual. Would it be too much to ask for some smoked salmon in the BAgels?

Onboard: Nice hot main, not swimming in grease like on LIS. Crew gave the trays out with the fruit first, took 'orders' for the hot bit and then brought it round seperately, which gave enough time to eat the fruit. Nice touch. Total comparison to the LIS flight where it was all plonked down at once leaving your hot bit to go cold.

Berlin Lounge: No lounge in Faro obviously, but Berlin is nice. Check-in was done at the lounge desk. Why is there a SSCI machine in the lounge but not at the main checkin? This would be a PITA if you didn't have lounge access. The selection of wines was fine but the quality not. Bubbles available...no need to ask. Could do with some more food options...perhaps an few more types of cheese/crackers? Extensive reading materials, but they seem to have ditched the PCs.

On the way back, 5 minutes early for push back. Service was the cold chicken salad which was nice, but a bit weedy for dinner. One of the crew was great, but one was a miserable old trout who gave me a glare for daring to ask for another Monopole. Did the loop the loop over some godforsaken east of London hole (Essex perhaps?) for a bit but landed 15 mins early. Out and on the tube and I was at home about 60 mins after coming on stand.

All in all a good trip, but it was interesting that my first-time-in-Euro-biz travelling companion thought that it was worth max £50 more than economy.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
...On the way back from FAO this morning we had Carlos of GB, who I have had on flights before. He is an excellent Purser and a credit to his airline...
Indeed he is...SWMBO & I have enjoyed his superb cabin service and merry banter more than once...^
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Mr Walsh...you just became a Mucci
Wow! I don't think I've seen the title of Mucci awarded here but one time before in recent months. Is it a purely honorary thing, or is there a special sash, medallion, or other insigna that must be worn?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Wow! I don't think I've seen the title of Mucci awarded here but one time before in recent months. Is it a purely honorary thing, or is there a special sash, medallion, or other insigna that must be worn?
Congratulations ^

Well you must include it in your personal details at once. It transforms a lowly blue into a Premier (at least on FT) at one stroke.

Chris

Last edited by highpeaklad; Apr 10, 2007 at 12:46 pm
Old Apr 10, 2007, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
No, you just have to be loyal to the flying goddess at all times - the granting of Muccidom is enough of an honour (Yes, I have spelled it right, the UK way of spelling)

By the way are you sure your initial is "m" and not "w"
Old Apr 10, 2007, 1:06 pm

Oh PS...and the senior CCM on the LHR-TXL flight (op. by A319) announced herself as the Cabin Service Director. Is this new?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The lounge at LHR was airless and really quite unpleasant, and yes Champagne is available upon request.
Oh my goodness! I hope you, HI and fellow passengers did not become cyanotic or worse, asphyxiate! Has BA removed the climate systems as another enhancement to the lounge experience? I can see the headlines now:

BA enhancements lead to premium deaths, refuse ex-gratia miles as compensation. Relatives told to wait until T5 opens for improvements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.