Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with train from Koln to Den Haag

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Help with train from Koln to Den Haag

Hello everyone. Shortly I will fly into Cologne / CGN. I have a meeting I have to attend in Den Haag, Netherlands.

Can someone please inform me if there is a rail system in place at the airport CGN or must I take a taxi to Koln Hauptbahnhof / Central Station to catch my connection to Den Haag.

Please recommend what may be my best route and any hotels that are close to the airport.

Fly Safe,
DP
Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:09 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
You have to change trains at least two times, once both in Germany and Holland. If you want to stay the night in Cologne, Hilton, Marriot and Starwood all have properties within walking distance of the main station. But as the journey is only around 3,5 hours you could also just continue straight to Den Haag.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:02 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mosburger
you could also just continue straight to Den Haag.
Or The Hague. Take your pick.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by dpdp1
Hello everyone. Shortly I will fly into Cologne / CGN. I have a meeting I have to attend in Den Haag, Netherlands.

Can someone please inform me if there is a rail system in place at the airport CGN or must I take a taxi to Koln Hauptbahnhof / Central Station to catch my connection to Den Haag.

Please recommend what may be my best route and any hotels that are close to the airport.

Fly Safe,
DP
Go to this website - http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/que...n?program=esi&
Deutsche Bahn has specials from Cologne to Amsterdam. Usually normal price around 50 Euro, you can get specials in 2nd class (no 1st class) for 19 Euro oneway.

Choose the train best suited for you... as it's cheaper with this option than to buy a regular ticket. Above site also allows you to buy your Koln airport to main station ticket!

Then from AMS you need ticket to Den Haag, go to the Dutch railsystems' site here: http://www.ns.nl/servlet/Satellite?c...English&c=Page

Good surfing...
Old Mar 22, 2007, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Go to this website - http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/que...n?program=esi&
Deutsche Bahn has specials from Cologne to Amsterdam. Usually normal price around 50 Euro, you can get specials in 2nd class (no 1st class) for 19 Euro oneway.

Choose the train best suited for you... as it's cheaper with this option than to buy a regular ticket. Above site also allows you to buy your Koln airport to main station ticket!

Good surfing...
Thanks for the info. Very Helpful.
So I can actually take a train from CGN to Koln HBF?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by dpdp1
Thanks for the info. Very Helpful.
So I can actually take a train from CGN to Koln HBF?
Not only that but you even get the choice of three different train types (local train, regional express, inter city express). If you really want a glamorous 10 minutes from CGN to the main station it's possible to make the journey in 1st class on the ICE high speed train.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mosburger
Not only that but you even get the choice of three different train types (local train, regional express, inter city express). If you really want a glamorous 10 minutes from CGN to the main station it's possible to make the journey in 1st class on the ICE high speed train.
Is this train line new? A year or two ago, CGN did not have a rail connection and all transit to downtown was by bus (I was staying at the Radisson).

I think DUS is on the rail line, though (towards Dortmund?)
Old Mar 22, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: DL CO UA
[QUOTE=etch5895;7449134]Is this train line new? A year or two ago, CGN did not have a rail connection and all transit to downtown was by bus (I was staying at the Radisson).

Yup , a new station at CGN, about a year old now, I think ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.