Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

My First Flyertalk DO just a lilttle bit OT (Mummy sayd OTT) and Dead Long

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My First Flyertalk DO just a lilttle bit OT (Mummy sayd OTT) and Dead Long

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:42 am
DYOGENES BEAR

Wink My First Flyertalk DO just a lilttle bit OT (Mummy sayd OTT) NOW WITH PICTURES!

Hello Everybody,

This is my very first post ever, and I wanted to introduce myself. I am little bear called Dyogenes. I and my 2,000 brothers and sisters were all born to be “£5 with purchase” at BAA’s give away. Daddy said that I looked scruffy and Mummy said Tom Cruise you aint and Auntie said he is adorable so Ya Boo Sucks to you !” –I live with Mummy and Daddy in deepest Suffolk. Well, it’s quite deep it’s quite near Essex but Mummy prefers to ignore that and say “We paid a lot of money for this postcode, Darling”. Still I went to the DO (why do they call it that?) and I met lots of Uncles and Aunties. I then went to see the World’s Favourite Airline Auntie (and my extra special I love to bits Auntie) , Auntie Pucci to have my dinner! Anyway, I’ve not been lurking as that makes me think of peeping and snooping – and I don’t do what my friend Jingles the Monkey does and that is read other people’s screens. That’s like steaming open someone else’s letters and nicely brought up bears don’t do that. So, I’ve just read when Mummy is on the phone to Auntie and Daddy is on the Scotch, Mummy is saying “Coo did you read that” and Daddy says “Get me some ice and ginger ale and yourself a life”. Anyway you aren’t interested in our domestic and her arrangements.

I had never been to London before. I have been to Gatwick and Thiefrow as Daddy calls it and I have been in First Class on British Airways (I really really have and I have some pictures which Mummy will post for me one day) which lots of other bears (and people from Fryertalk never have Mummy says) never have. They sell some manky and (Auntie says) common bears from a trolley and one of them is called Trixie and she came to live with us and she was cheap and nasty as she has no clothes on. When she did – she was called Amy (in the magazine called Shopping For The World) but this one took all her clothes off and Auntie says she would belong on Flyertalk as most of them do the same. Sorry, shopping for the world not taking their clothes off. (Oh have it your way then!)

Anyway when we got to the boat, I saw lot of soldiers and then we saw some people all waiting and Daddy said isn’t it nice that they open the Soup Kitchens to help the poor and needy and Mummy said Hush Your Mouth as these are all the Flyertalk Do lot and Daddy said I might have known (Why is it spelt with a K when you and N for Nown?). Then as we went to say Hello, I lost my heart cos I saw the most beautiful animal I have ever seen. Yes, it was Sheep. He was even more beautiful than in his pictures. O my little bitty heart beat just like a drum and even thought Sheep is ever so important (cos he has lots ot plastic cards and I don’t) he smiled and blew me a big kiss. Yes he did, and Mummy says Sheep doesn’t mind that Daarling and when I told Auntie Pucci she said – Dyogenes I too love Sheep. Love is not an adequate word or something cos I adore Sheep only a bit less then I adore you Diogenes. Darling. We had lots of fun together and had out tea when it came. Sheep said that the tea had got lost and that we were starting off down the Thames without it. I was so excited cos Sheep and I were going to have An Awfully Big Adventure. We waved to all the people as Sheep is Royalty (he said that most of the British Airways Board are too) and it takes one to know one I suppose. We saw the Houses of Parliament and there was Mrs Blair putting out her washing! We went past County Hall, the Oxo tower and a big French fighting Ship. We saw the Tower of London and Sheep said that is where some Queens have had their heads chopped off so we did not stop there.

Guess what! I had my picture taken with Sheep and I have his foot print as it is difficult for Sheep to hold a pen and my paws are Nackered from this keyboard and spelling and grammar are so hard for little bears.. I LOVE SHEEP. We met Sheep’s Mummy Jenbel and she is so sweet and she is an hornithologist or something like that and she knows about bird strikes and Auntie said when I told her That’s Nice Dear - I know all about strikes Dygoenes ‘cos they never emptied our bins for weeks and Uncle Him Indoors said “theB1oodyminersdontgetmestartedaboutthatanyanothe rglassofChampgneforyouRoy?”. Mummy told Auntie that he had met Auntie’s Favourite Man after Him Indoors, Mummy, Daddy, me, or [email protected] and not that Uncle Phil who has a cruch on Auntie but big Mr Spotwelder . Mummy said that this was arguably the most interesting person who he had the pleasure of talking to for a very long time and that this was a person who you should listen to and only interrupt to keep him talking. He told Mummy that he has 44 children and Auntie fainted and we thought that Dinner would be Beggared (well it was a word like that) and she said to Mummy how as he’s never at home and then Mummy said the proper number and Auntie Pucci went OOOOFF. Just like that.

I told Auntie Pucci that I met some nice men from the BA Board. And she said “If you say so Darling”. I met Uncle Bahrain, Uncle More, and Uncle Skoff and Mrs Skoffs and done they drink a lot and she said Hush Darling just show Auntie the evidence from the camera and she said

“O Dyogenes! What A Clever Bear you are. Wait ‘til they started mouthing off (isn’t Uncle Bahrain Handsome.)about the flaming Champagne in First Class again. How Old is Bahrain Baby? Coo doesn’t look it does he? and are you sure that Uncle More said that he was Thick – I don’t think that ‘cos your Mummy tells me that he is doing a Degree and he is on his year out. Did he? Well it takes all sorts and I suppose one cannot argue if he says so. What did Mummy say about me and Manchester? Grief! Is nothing sacred? Telephone, Telefax and Tell Your Mummy Anything. The Flyertalk Gazzetta more like!”. I said that I saw a Mrs Skoffs. Auntie said “Really Dear” – tell me about the others in this shocking picture! Straight What? Then Uncle HI said Dim Cow and she said that there was not dinner for him. And he said “That bear has been consorting with a lot of Artists from British Airways (he said something before like Dish Artists or Pitch artists but Mummy closed my ears and Auntie said Washyourmothout there’s a child in the room and I said that I had heard some Lady on the boat say Coo Don’t they drink a lot and Mummy said yes but they at least have some class! I told her that they were all royal and Mummy said well three of them aren’t Diogenes so stop stirring. And I said that they were calling themselves a “Scream”. Why did they laugh themselves half sick. Uncle Him Indoors said that he had half a mind to call the RSPCA because of what I had been exposed to, and Auntie Pucci said of would take half a mind to think of it and would we like some Smoked Salmon. So there!

I forgot to say that I saw some fireworks and I enjoyed that very much. I liked the boat and it went up and down and I waved to some French sailors and Auntie said “O Diogenes you are such a tart just like your Mummy and Daddy said Get You it takes one to know one” and HI laughed so much that he coughed from his bottom and Auntie Pucci flung the windows open so that humanity could go one breathing she said.

Auntie gave me some Smoked Salmon Roullade, lovely grilledTuna fish and some nice cheese (my favourite is Ewe’s milk cheese from the Pyrenees) and Auntie said wait ‘til you say
“Fish” as most of them think that fish have fingers! And the other one thinks that he is thick? (He is good looking as well in a rather louche way.) Anyway we told her all about everything and the tea which I got. I could lift the plates and the forks as they were all plastic and I had some scones and some jam and cream. There were lots of Uncles and Aunties queing up and I had to run between their legs and get Sheep’s and my tea. I had some sandwiches with fish inside and I never got any pudding as Mummy said that youdontknowwhereithasbeen” We were not going to have An Indian in a Caff as Mummy said that I don’t eat Indian and Auntie Pucci went Ugh neither do I and Daddy said well I like Indian and Mummy said I’ll ring Auntie Carol (I love her) and I am sure that she will get you in somehow and Auntie Pucci opened another bottle of First Class Champagne and we didn’t bother to ring anybody. I told Aunite Pucci LOADS more as did Mummy as she called it dishing dirt and thought that this was funny as Mummy said “Diogenes you have so much dirt behind your ears and now I know how itg ets there it is all this filth that passes for conversation between Mummy and Auntie Pucci!

Auntie did my extra oh so favourite pudding. She did a Crème Brule with raspberries. I had two. All for me! Then we went home to this funnyhotel call Hogs town or something which Mummy said looked like a Jail designed by Donatella Vuiton or something. The lift was like someone’s moresoleum or some such. Anyway it was Dead Cheap and we have some home and Mummy is roasting chicken and I will never eat Lamb as it would hurt my Idol Sheep’s feelings. (I Love Sheep and I have my picture with him and I look at it ever so often). Then I met Uncle Celbrian. Now I love Sheep loads but Uncle Celby was soooooooooooooo handsome, and I saw him first. Yes I did!. He was tall and he has a lovely voice. It’s like being covered in chocolate and Mummy says that he is The Sweetest Man and Auntie Pucci would simply melt in his hand. Auntie Pucci remembers long ago when Uncle Celby and his Uncle Blair (not Cherie’s husband – Uncle Blair would never hang his dirty washing out on a Saturday afternoon in November). I went all shy and coy with Uncle Celby and I am not a puffbear which is what that Trixie Bear said. She is dead common (she is from Crawley) but so is Uncle Spots and he is not common. He is interested in birds like Auntie Jenbel is but I get muddled here so I shan’’t go on.

So I had a very nice time and I showed Auntie Jenbel that I have 62,000 miles from One World Airlines and that I give them all to Mummy and Daddy. Auntie has heard far more than I am allowed. I was not the only bear. There was one called Bundy but he doesn’t know who his Daddy really is but he did not have his laptop like one of the Uncles who was posting on Flyertalk whilst sailing down the Thames and Mummy said can you imagine if Cleopatra could have posted on Flyertalk and Daddy said what has that to do with anything. I don’t see what is sad about that as I was sad when I had to leave but I was happy to see Auntie Pucci and now my little paws are all tired from smacking these tiny keys and did Uncle Smirnoff get his undies back as we heard that he had lost them in the wash and Mummy said Fireworks call this a first post and you have slagged off half the Board and Auntie rang this morning and said half the Board where was the other half Be There Or Be Square and I did not go to Dim Wit as Mummy said that they ear bears in China or Finland or somewhere. Trixie Bear sends love and so do my Mummy and Daddy who enjoyed meeting everyone. Auntie Jenbel is as I write on the streets of Windsor and we hope that all her people had a nice time.

Bye Bye everyone and we hope that you had a very nice time. I have to go now and write my letter to Father Christmas as I want an Ipod and a ticket to go and see Kylie or Madonna as I like dancing to their music.

Please be kind to My First Post as I still in School and I bet your bears have never even mastered joined up writing..

Night Night Stay Bright

Last edited by DYOGENES BEAR; Nov 15, 2006 at 11:50 am

Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Post.
Of.
The.
Year.

No question?
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
ROTFLMAO

Last edited by Moomba; Nov 12, 2006 at 2:12 pm
Old Nov 12, 2006, 1:54 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
It is very naughty of me but I must chime in. Dyogenes is a very clever little bear and he has told me lots and lots as he says. I might say that (thanks Moomba I will give you a promper answer but Planet Earth is on in about 10 mins and I really love that prgramme).

All I will say is there is no one from BA Forum who was not spoken of with anything less than appreciation. My messanger has done his job well. A list of newly appointed and elevated to the peerage of Muccis will be available soon!
All I will say is that the word was that a group of people who were interesting and good fun and who had some good conversation was the least praise that you got. I will not give you the fulsome stuff as you would be unspeakably conceited and it would not be DYKWIA more like Get Her.

A TFTG is started but I am trying to do about three things at once and it just needs me to sit down and do it!

I have photographic evidence and the three handsome men - well what can I say. I would have dated any one of you! Sadly I have to bow to Anno Domini and say that unless you go to a Grab A Granny night - I would stanf no chance.

By the way - do I have to be the one to say

Welcome to Flyertalk Dyogenes Bear!
Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:36 pm

After watching WAY too many episodes of 24 (season 5) AND stuffing 5 years of photos into albums (done 6 x 200 photo albums, still another album's worth to go... )... I THINK that I have just lost it completely...

Boo
(checking in to the local mental hospital... )
Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:47 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Someone has waaaay too much time on their hands.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Tart

Originally Posted by DYOGENES BEAR
“O Diogenes you are such a tart just like your Mummy and Daddy said Get You it takes one to know one” and HI laughed so much that he coughed from his bottom and Auntie Pucci flung the windows open so that humanity could go on breathing she said.

Then I met Uncle Celbrian. Now I love Sheep loads but Uncle Celby was soooooooooooooo handsome, and I saw him first. Yes I did!. He was tall and he has a lovely voice.

It’s like being covered in chocolate and Mummy says that he is The Sweetest Man and Auntie Pucci would simply melt in his hand. Auntie Pucci remembers long ago when Uncle Celby and his Uncle Blair (not Cherie’s husband – Uncle Blair would never hang his dirty washing out on a Saturday afternoon in November).

I went all shy and coy with Uncle Celby and I am not a puffbear which is what that Trixie Bear said. She is dead common (she is from Crawley) but so is Uncle Spots and he is not common. Night Night Stay Bright
Don't let the bed bugs bite .

Welcome to the BA Board DYOGENES BEAR; as you know Sheep is not as innocent as was once, after our deep throat encounter in Dublin, while Mummy was otherwise engaged - that accounts for the permanent smile etched on Sheep's face.

Anyway, Cynic that I am, I thought Sheep was a he sheep. Is there something you need to share with your Uncles, DYOGENES?

And hands off Uncle Celby!!!

Can I suggest you soothe your hunger by rubbing your belly?
Old Nov 12, 2006, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA
What a brilliant post!! And a big well done to my nephew Dyogenes, on such an excellent report That's my boy!

'Uncle More'
Old Nov 12, 2006, 8:30 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
What a brilliant post!! And a big well done to my nephew Dyogenes, on such an excellent report That's my boy!

'Uncle More'
What he said...though after meeting alot of these BA Boys Twinkie muttered something about screws, loose and men in white coats....(my bear aint as polite as Sheep and Dyogenes).
Old Nov 12, 2006, 9:24 pm

Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by tristan727
Someone has waaaay too much time on their hands.
Always nice to wake up to a new week with a healthy hit of irony!

Anyway, back to the point...I was only able to make the evening drinks on Saturday and it seems I missed out on more than just a highly enjoyable boat trip...I never got to meet FT's newest Sheep-botherer DYOGENES BEAR, you sound a treat! And 'in' with everyone's favourite auntie too? I know I cannot be the only one green with envy (if not sea-sickness!). Next time, I hope...

Oh, I guess it's as good a place as any to go OT from the OTT OT and mention it was nice to catch up with the usual suspects again (even schofs ) and finally put some new faces to old handles - lovely to meet TBS, LapLap and krug at last (and anyone else I've forgotten, it was all a bit crowded and rushed ) ^

Fantastic effort from the 'Do' organizers as usual and a very good time had by all. Speaking of 'Do' organizers, I smell an election today and the word 'Jenbel' just keeps popping in to my head...
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:44 am
Community Director Emerita

I was very disappointed to not meet you, Dyogenes Bear, but you've made up by your personal email. I hope you don't mind that I share a bit of it.

I met Auntie Jenbel and SHEEP and I have some pictures so that Mummy and Daddy can make lot of money to ensure that they never get published I am dictating this as I am in Suffolk. I go to School at Professor Deuteronomy's academy (dead strict) and I have a spelling bee this morning. Do Spelling Bees make Spelling Honey.

I obviously missed all the interesting bits on the boat (other than swooning over Uncle Celby, as any red blooded woman or man would). So - dish! What does Dyogenes have on film?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 4:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
ROFLMAO What a fantastic trip report!

I'm so pleased Dyogenes enjoyed his cruise on the Thames. Sheep was very jealous of the amount of flying he has done, but loved meeting him and his mummy and daddy, and was absolutely delighted, publicity seeker that he is, to have his picture taken alongside him He hopes we'll hear much more from Dyogenes in the future - he thinks it's time we had some more sensible posts on the board
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:17 am
DYOGENES BEAR

Cool Thank you Uncles and AuntiesXXXX

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I was very disappointed to not meet you, Dyogenes Bear, but you've made up by your personal email. I hope you don't mind that I share a bit of it.

I met Auntie Jenbel and SHEEP and I have some pictures so that Mummy and Daddy can make lot of money to ensure that they never get published I am dictating this as I am in Suffolk. I go to School at Professor Deuteronomy's academy (dead strict) and I have a spelling bee this morning. Do Spelling Bees make Spelling Honey.

I obviously missed all the interesting bits on the boat (other than swooning over Uncle Celby, as any red blooded woman or man would). So - dish! What does Dyogenes have on film?
Dear Aunties Carol, Jenbel and Uncle More and Uncle Bahrain (is that a relation to Sheep?)

I want this to be a sort of everso special Thank You to Auntie Jenbel, Auntie Carol, and Uncle Wingnut 'cos they worked their sox off (actually Mummy said something that I am not supposed to repeat) and gave us all A VERY NICE TIME and Bears NEVER EVER forget that.

Thank you so much for your nice notes. It took lots of time to type my post and I was so nervous of the Submit Reply key that I had to get Trixie to do it for me.

Now, Mummy and Daddy have got lots of pictures but Mummy has been busy cooking, eating, and sleeping since we got home from the Hogs Town Hotel. So, we do not have the pictures on the computer yet - but Auntie Pucci says Pretend you are doing First Class Service Darling - Keep 'em waiting and then have a good long gossip over a cup of tea. So - then we have to find out how to post pictures and I am not sure how we do it. Mummy says that all the pictures have to go through Adobe Albums and Things and she has to cut and paste so that it looks like the Last Days of the Roman Empire. Actually Daddy says it is more like the Empire Strikes Back and Mummy said you have not been to the pictures for at least 20 years what do you know about it.

I did not tell you all but I went to Harrods to buy Christmas Puddings for Auntie Pucci as she will be away for Christmas and we go to her house after Christmas and then we are going to the South of France so that I will get lots more miles. I do lots of flying on British Airways cos we have got pots of money and I know that cos Daddy keeps saying that Mummy thinks that he is made of money. He once said wotdoyoutakemeforamoneytree and Mummy went and shook him and hewasnotamused.

I listened to lots of conversations and they were very interesting but my favourite was Sheep who told me all about our BA Uncles. I told Mummy and Daddy in the car and we nearly ran into a bus. Mummy said that is disgusting its all lies - well maybe there is something in it. Then we told Auntie Pucci and Uncle Him Indoors went Hurumph a lot and get me another cuppa there's a dear and Auntie Pucci said There's A Little Magic Word Missing and Unlce said Now. Auntie Pucci threw her cup at him and now they are deciding whether they can decorate on the house insurance.

So I'm finished my dinner play and now we have to start Algebra this afternoon and something called Pie Thagarus. Is it like Blackcurrant and Apple Pie 'cos that's my favourite.

Thank you for being so nice to me - and I will ask Auntie Pucci to finish her Tale From The Gally - it is full of filth and she will probably get slung out of Flyertalk. Still now she wants to rush off to Paris and meet Uncle Celby!

Love from

Dyogenes (I'm getting one of those headphones that do all the typing for you my paws are battered to death!0

Last edited by DYOGENES BEAR; Nov 13, 2006 at 6:21 am Reason: Repetitive Paw Injury

Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:28 am

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
I think I cracked a rib laughing...

DYOGENES it was such a pleasure meeting you and your parents. Please remind them that a trip to Paris is an important part of your education and that they should consider planning that with Aunti Pucci soon.
X
Celby

<I'm soooo into bears right now...>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.