Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Will Hyatt match HH Diamond or SPG Plat status? (and best Mastercard to get ASAP?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Hyatt match HH Diamond or SPG Plat status? (and best Mastercard to get ASAP?)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I usually hang around the Hilton and SPG forums since I have top tier status with those programs and have usually tried to organize my stays around those chains. However, I have some stays coming up in mid-November where I'd like to stay with friends who are definitely staying at Hyatts and I'd be interested in joining them so we could cut down on the driving/walking time between hotels. The current FFN promo is also very appealing because I am going to need to travel to LA quite a bit in the coming months and the Hyatt is the closest hotel to West Hollywood on my approved corporate hotel list.

So... does anyone know whether Hyatt will match top tier status for either HHonors Diamond or SPG Platinum members? And if so, about how long does it usually take to get that accomplished -- i.e. does it take multiple requests or is it usually a single email to the right person?

Also, I'd obviously like to take advantage of the FFN promotion going on right now, so does anyone have any recommendations for the best type of Mastercard to get -- and maybe more importantly -- the FASTEST way to acquire it since my first stay could be as soon as Nov. 7?

Thanks for your help and apologies if this has already been asked and answered. For some reason, when I try to search this forum in particular, I consistently get a page not found error.

Thanks again,
tannerrox
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes, they will. Call customer service for all the info/requirements.

I'm a refuge from Hilton Gold. . I was comped to diamond and haven't looked back since.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Yeah - apparently search is down again. But like Mary said, yes Hyatt will match, most likely they'll require you to fax a copy of your statement (online is ok) showing your status and recent stays at the other hotel companies.

Mastercard - fastest would probably be to ask your bank if their card is a Mastercard. Or perhaps your ATM/debit card has a Mastercard logo on it? That would work.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
One comp. per lifetime.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

AA offers a Mastercard where you get 20K AA miles with first purchases that add up to $250. It could be tough to get in 7 days, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.