Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Unabashed Cholula Spam

I admit it. I am spamming. But I just got my first taste of Cholula's hot sauce and wanted to let you all know that the stuff is delicious.

Not only is it good for spamming, but it would even make the original Spam taste good. In fact, I would go as far as to say that if they put it on Delta's international coach dinners they would even become edible.

Run, do not walk, to www.cholula.com and order cases of the sauce -- or even better, tell your airline to buy cases so you can eat if for free.

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 16, 2005 at 9:26 am Reason: The complete original unedited content of this milepost was restored upon request by Dovster.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
I have a fabulous recipe for "Bloody Marys", and this hot sauce makes it even better!! Besides, I just love to say the name Cholula..it rolls off your tongue with all those lovely vowel sounds.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:
I admit it. I am spamming. But I just got my first taste of Cholula's hot sauce and wanted to let you all know that the stuff is delicious.

Not only is it good for spamming, but it would even make the original Spam taste good. In fact, I would go as far as to say that if they put it on Delta's international coach dinners they would even become edible.

Run, do not walk, to www.cholula.com and order cases of the sauce -- or even better, tell your airline to buy cases so you can eat if for free.
</font>
I agree 100%
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:10 pm

Only hot sauce I have been using for years-and I use it on everything.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:13 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Spam is one of the five basic food groups in Hawai'i. Never tried it with Cholula -- will have to make a point to see if Cholula helps (I'm not a big "comfort food" fan, you see).
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: I do this for a living.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
Spam is one of the five basic food groups in Hawai'i.</font>
And the other four are: 1) grease; 2) flour; 3) sugar; and 4) malasadas!

------------------
-Otto
Old Sep 17, 2003, 4:02 pm

I think this post probably belongs in the SPAM forum!

Or at least OMNI....

Mods?
Old Sep 17, 2003, 4:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LexPassenger:
Spam is one of the five basic food groups in Hawai'i. Never tried it with Cholula -- will have to make a point to see if Cholula helps (I'm not a big "comfort food" fan, you see).</font>
Thanks folks for the nice comments! Wanted to get that in before this thread is closed!!
LexPax....I'm probably one of the few folks who will admit he actually likes Spam! Maybe it's because of all the time I've spent in Hawaii or because I'm weird....or both.
HE53pilot, YGM.
Dorlee...your e-mail isn't visible...pls contact me at your convenience.

Old Sep 17, 2003, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dovster:

Not only is it good for spamming, but it would even make the original Spam taste good.
Run, do not walk, to www.cholula.com and order cases of the sauce --
</font>
I had to sit through a meeting all afternoon thinking about this post.

NOTHING WOULD MAKE THE ORIGINAL SPAM TASTE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 17, 2003, 5:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
And the round wooden tops offer a bit of class!!
Old Sep 17, 2003, 5:18 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Otto: I would have included poke and disincluded malasadas. I guess it depends on how much grease you can stand. Love the sugar, hate the waistline enhancement!

Old Sep 17, 2003, 5:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
NOTHING WOULD MAKE THE ORIGINAL SPAM TASTE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsdown.gif"&gt; </font>
Actually, back when I led kids on backpacking trips when I worked at a camp in college, I found that powdered eggs with diced spam made both taste much better than they did separately. Some Cholula would have been just that much better.

Definitely a fine product, and I'm glad our friend chimed in. It's available on a lot of restaurant tables here in PHX.

JP
Old Sep 17, 2003, 5:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
It's always in my fridge! And I live in the hotsauce Mecca!
Old Sep 17, 2003, 5:58 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis

In fact, I would go as far as to say that if they put it on Delta's international coach dinners they would even become edible.
</font>
That's My Idea!! - I want the commission!
Old Sep 17, 2003, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL Prisoner #347921
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by H53Epilot:
Only hot sauce I have been using for years-and I use it on everything.</font>
I couldn't agree more. Used it on a sandwich from Firehouse Subs in Tallahassee Florida last Friday afternoon and then again on my Western Omelette from IHOP in Rosemead California later that same night. Bottom line, this stuff rocks. Keep it coming! Relevance to the Delta board you ask? I flew DL from TLH to LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.