Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 1:21 pm

In downtown Chicago the hotels seem to park the cars in the burbs, I do not know where they take them however all hotels take 20-40minutes to retrieve an overnight vehicle.

Glad to hear the comped the parking.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond
The ES Downtown / Lakefront has on site parking, either self-park or valet.
$30 or $33 a day, I can't recall exactly. We self parked and it worked out well.

Staying at the Drake I think they ask for 20-30 minutes, if I recall correctly. Of the dozen or so times we called for the car we only had to wait for about 5-10 minutes for it, just once. The doormen and other valet guys kept the kids entertained so the time passed quickly.
One of the doormen had offered to come get us if we had wanted to wait inside or up in the lobby area, it was about 30 degrees out. I thought that was nice of him. We opted to stay outside as the kids were restless and they could run on the sidewalk.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:09 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Even if I valet car at time of arrival, I've found it faster and easier sometimes to pickup the car from the garage, if it's not too far away and if I'm light on luggage. Sometimes, the garage is just around the corner.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: Several
Any recent experiences here? The last post is a bit antiquated, but the hotel still seems to be getting great reviews on TripAdvisor.

I want to stay here for a week in late September on an award stay. I'm Gold, not that it matters much for HS.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: HHONORS, AA, Delta, Southwest, Avis, Emerald Club
I stayed here in Feb. Still a nice property. The complimentary breakfast and dinner tend to get very crowded.

Conveniently located, short walking distance from popular areas in Chicago.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by SporkLover
I stayed here in Feb. Still a nice property. The complimentary breakfast and dinner tend to get very crowded.

Conveniently located, short walking distance from popular areas in Chicago.
Great location, Weber Grill right on the corner, nice-sized rooms, kitchenette in every room, and gratis (mediocre) wine/beer/breakfast.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: Several
Thank you guys for the update
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Gym access

Sorry to be bumping such an old thread but this is this is the only relevant one I could find on this property.

Does anyone know if you still have free access to the crunch gym if you are staying there? I have a chicago trip coming up soon and this property is a lot cheaper than the Palmer House those dates. The friend I am travelling with loves the fitness center at the Palmer House and hates most hotel gyms, but in the past when I have stayed at HS, I have always had free access to Crunch. Wasn't sure if this was still the case or not since it's been a few years since I was staying there.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:49 pm

Crunch gym has been closed for quite some time now.

I can very much sympathize with your friend. I hate most hotel fitness centers too.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by windymindy
Crunch gym has been closed for quite some time now.

I can very much sympathize with your friend. I hate most hotel fitness centers too.
Sorry to hear that I always liked Crunch. I know there was an in house fitness center at HS but it was awful.

The Palmer house does have a GREAT fitness center, but it's about the only hotel I know of that does.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, UA Prem. Plat, Marriott Platinum
No Crunch fitness...but you aren't far from the lake and that's a much better view anyways for working out.

I live in Chicago but have stayed here, and the last time I stayed I was upgraded to the 2 bedroom with kitchen. Breakfast is nice.

Hopefully you are not renting a car and parking as it is pretty hefty valet for overnight at $42 I believe. 2 weeks would add up.

You are right at the red line and a cab ride away from anything so no car is needed!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mltski
No Crunch fitness...but you aren't far from the lake and that's a much better view anyways for working out.

I live in Chicago but have stayed here, and the last time I stayed I was upgraded to the 2 bedroom with kitchen. Breakfast is nice.

Hopefully you are not renting a car and parking as it is pretty hefty valet for overnight at $42 I believe. 2 weeks would add up.

You are right at the red line and a cab ride away from anything so no car is needed!
Yeah I never rent a car in chicago. I am only four hours driving from Chicago so for the rare times I do need my car I just drive and stay at the Hawthorne in Lakeview (Parking is only $18 a night there). If I stay in the loop, my airfare or trainfare is usually less than what just the parking and turnpike tolls would be.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:10 pm
Suspended

great location
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
now remodelled and great !

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

152 E Huron St Chicago, IL US 60611

now remodelled and great ! (7 Photos)

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Check In

Recently completed remodelled and now nice, light and spacious lobby on the 6th floor.  Checkin (early) was a breeze with 2 bottle of water given.  Also late check-out couple of days later wasn't a problem. Staff friendly and helpful.20170130_130432.jpg20170130_130449.jpg

Room

The two room suite was fine - full size refrigerator, two burners, dishwasher completely with flat1_20170130_125104.jpgware, plates and cookware.  TV in the "lounge" and another (larger) in the bedroom.  Bathroom is off the bedroom.1_20170130_125116.jpg20170130_125130.jpg

Dining

As with Homewoods - free basic breakfast with cereals, waffle maker, pastries and a few hot items.  Evening "reception" during the week with wine, beer and a few hot items - was pasta and fresh vegetables and salad whilst I was there.20170130_130530.jpg

20170131_213532.jpgJust down the road from the Hilton Garden.  one block from the red line Grand stop so easy access to everywhere.  Great view from the room especially at night.

now remodelled and great !

Would you like to write a review on the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:50 pm

Always liked the property; great to see it's been renovated nicely.

But seriously, rotate yer photos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.