Wiki Posts
Search

Co Lounge for BF in Delhi.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 6:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Co Lounge for BF in Delhi.

IS there a lounge that the BF pax can use in Delhi before departure?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 7:08 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=lounge+delhi
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=lounge+delhi
Old Jun 19, 2006, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Yaatri
IS there a lounge that the BF pax can use in Delhi before departure?
Every BusinessFirst destination has lounge facilities.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Except OGG

Originally Posted by MBM3
Except Kahului...
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

That would be my assumption too. But Continental is unable to give me the name of the lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
I think the shared lounge is:

CLIPPER LOUNGE
Landside - after Check-in and Immigration the Lounge is located on the right-hand side before Security Gates.
24 hours daily.

edit: just saw that its a WorldClub Affiliate lounge as well:
https://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav...ia_africa.html
Clipper Lounge
phone 00-91-30985556;
fax 91-11-5653733
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Except Kahului...
I did not think that was a true BF destination.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Yaatri
That would be my assumption too. But Continental is unable to give me the name of the lounge.
The concierge of your flight will provide the appropriate information at check-in.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did not think that was a true BF destination.
When you buy a seat up front, it's a BF seat and Continental calls it a BusinessFirst destination. There's no lounge in Kahului, although I never felt like I needed one, sitting at the airport bar/grill munching on a teriyaki pineapple burger and Maui onion rings and washing it down w/ a Longboard Lager...

CO's BF destinations:

http://www.continental.com/travel/in...st/default.asp
Old Jun 19, 2006, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In lieu of a lounge at OGG...

Maybe CO can cough up a $20 voucher towards that delicious teriyaki pineaple burger, the Maui onion rings, the Longboard Lager, and the view of Haleakala from the airport bar.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
As a Presidents Club member flying in economy from DEL-EWR this April, I was given a lounge invitation to the Clipper Lounge. The lounge is operated by the Oberoi Hotels Group.
Upon check-in, I showed my Presidents Club membership card to the check-in agent who handed me a lounge invitation. Located between two security check-points, the lounge reflects the 60s or 70s feel of the entire airport. Several other airlines were listed as using the lounge, including Singapore and American. I tried to enter using just my Presidents Club card and ticket, but the agent required me to shwo the lounge invitation. Once inside the relatively spartan lounge I watched tv and had a couple drinks before my flight. In the main lounge area a small buffet with several tables of overcooked-looking appetizers were served. The bartender asked which airline I flew after every drink, so I suspect that Continental paid a) an entry fee for me to use the lounge and b) my bar tab.
I left when the departure screen in the lounge said that my flight was 30 minutes from boarding. As the line for the second security check-point was rather long, it seemed prudent to leave. After about a 20 minute wait, I made it through to the secure area only to find that the incoming flight had not yet landed. Unfortuantely, security would not let me back out to the lounge.
Boarding was frantic, with passengers who obviously had not taken many flights, rushing aboard. The crew, although as always professional, seemed to be dealing with more special needs passengers than usual.
Anyway...have a great trip to India and enjoy what should be fantastic BusinessFirst service! If the OP has any additional questions, please feel free to PM me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.