Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge or club access at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Lounge or club access at CDG?

Do business class passengers arriving in Paris have access to any airline lounges at CDG? I don't see any listed on Continental's site, but thought there might be an arrangement with a partner. Thanks for any info.
Old May 10, 2006, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
I flew CDG-EWR in January. There's a lounge.
Old May 10, 2006, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United Plat
I like the AF arrivals lounge in terminal 2 (which you can use after a CO flight). Good showers, decent amenity kit. I have no opinion on the food or anything else though - I just want to take my shower and get into Paris!

Weird thing about the lounge: the attendants don't like OLCI boarding passes. They ask me to show my plat card as well. ??
Old May 10, 2006, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Is Continental still handing out leaflets that talk about using the American Airlines arrival lounge? I discovered late last year, after the Concierge told me I could use the lounge, that it had been closed for over a year! A little slip up on the part of Continental.
Old May 10, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: OnePass - Platinum
PC Members

Still no dice for non-platinum PC members in Y at CDG 2A? I occasionally ask the ticket agents at CDG, who say lounge is no longer affiliated with PC. Is this ever going to change? -- Contemplating buying a PC membership this year, but almost all my travel is through CDG.
Old May 10, 2006, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILFVM1358
Still no dice for non-platinum PC members in Y at CDG 2A? I occasionally ask the ticket agents at CDG, who say lounge is no longer affiliated with PC. Is this ever going to change? -- Contemplating buying a PC membership this year, but almost all my travel is through CDG.
So, if I am reading your post correctly, Platinum PC members can access the CDG 2A lounge, is that right? I won't be in CDG for a few months, but this information would be useful to me if I fly in Y.
Old May 11, 2006, 3:25 am

Programs: OnePass - Platinum
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Platinum PC members can access the CDG 2A lounge, is that right?
Isn't that the case for any SkyTeam Elite Plus member across the SkyTeam network? (at least in theory?)

I don't have any personal experience as a ST E+ with the CDG 2A lounge in question, so I can't say how that pans out, but I assume the rule applies. Question is: does a PC card get you in when you don't have the ST E+ status?

By the way, to the OP: All BF passengers have pre-departure access to the AF Concorde Lounge at CDG 2A, where Continental operates. I wasn't aware of the AA lounge being closed. I know it was supposed to be available for arriving BF passengers at one time, but never have had the time to partake.
Old May 11, 2006, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the people at the AA desk, the lounge was closed in late 04 or early 05. A supervisor seemed quite derisive that Continental was still telling people to use the AA lounge.

I will make sure to bring my OP card along with me on travels. I haven't had to use it in years.

Speaking about France, has anyone ever had the following happen to them: arrive in (in my case it was Orly) and not go through customs or immigration? I don't know if I made a wrong turn, but I was walking with a group of people from the flight. We ended up in the terminal, but outside the secure area. I didn't have checked bags so I thought about just leaving; however, I followed the others back to report the issue--I didn't want to get dinged when I tryed to fly back to the US. Naturally, security wouldn't let us back into the arrivals area. Continental was helpful and called some official over. Our group was large, about 20 people. Those of us that didn't need to recover checked bags, he just looked at our passports (didn't open them) and we were done. I wonder what would have happened if I had just walked out without telling anyone. Probably nothing.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Travelled to CDG this past weekend.

1. As CO Plat - was able to use the AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C without a problem - and with one guest.

2. On departure was also able to use the AF lounge in CDG 2A with one guest.

Entered as SkyTeam Elite Plus (not as a PC club member)

Now - my complaint:

When checking in at CDG at the CO check in counter - I asked the CO agent where the SkyTeam lounge was and if CO Plat - Skyteam Elite Plus could use and whether I needed a CO invite. The response was it was an AF lounge and only for business class passengers.

Well I went to the lounge in 2A and no problem getting in. The wording "SkyTeam Elite Plus" is very small on the OnePass card and the AF agent had trouble reading it. The agent asked if CO had given me the invite card - and I said no. The AF agent took down my information and boarding pass info and created an invite card from the supply of blank CO invite cards which she had.

The issue here appears to be CO and not AF:

The CO agent should have been informed and given me a card map to the lounge without having to ask. My onepass card was presented to her when I handed her my passport. This was even a BF check in agent - since the Elite check in agent had a problem with his terminal. Why would the BF check in agent not know that CO Plat - Skyteam Elite Plus could get access to the AF lounge?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I flew BF into CDG last Christmas and the concierge was less than specific before leaving EWR about showers.

Having been before, I just went to the AF arrivals lounge in 2C and they let me in with my NW card showing ST Elite+.

It's a decent lounge. Continental breakfast, lots of showers, L'Occitane Amenity Kit, pressing service, etc. The lounge is only open until 1PM I believe.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Speaking about France, has anyone ever had the following happen to them: arrive in (in my case it was Orly) and not go through customs or immigration?
Yes, I have @ CDG. We had ongoing tix and followed a crowd and before I knew it, we were landside at AF checkin. No checks of any sort.

Of course, once you are in Paris, just hop on the train and be just about anywhere in Western Europe with no passport check. Sweeeeeet.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:29 am

CDG arrival facilities with CO

Arriving Businessfirst CO passengers into CDG have access to the AF lounge at Terminal 2 wich has showers.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cova
When checking in at CDG at the CO check in counter - I asked the CO agent where the SkyTeam lounge was and if CO Plat - Skyteam Elite Plus could use and whether I needed a CO invite. The response was it was an AF lounge and only for business class passengers.

Well I went to the lounge in 2A and no problem getting in. The wording "SkyTeam Elite Plus" is very small on the OnePass card and the AF agent had trouble reading it. The agent asked if CO had given me the invite card - and I said no. The AF agent took down my information and boarding pass info and created an invite card from the supply of blank CO invite cards which she had.

The issue here appears to be CO and not AF:

I know this is an old thread and shouldn't be resurrected and so on and so forth, but please have a look at this recent thread at the DL forum from post 33 onwards, and feel free to reply with any info or comments. I get the impression that CO is trying to save a few bob by being VERY naughty to its alliance partners and FFs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.