Old May 5, 2006, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Yyz-lca Master Re-booking Process

Moderator Edit with beaubo's knowledge: - Nicolo has requested the following:

A new update from beaubo:

Originally Posted by beaubo
UPDATED INFO FROM NICOLO FRIDAY, MAY 11 AT 430PM

48 hours after you have spoken with Nicolo, confirming your changes, call the toll free customer service phone number of the online travel agency that originally booked your ticket.

Have the CSR CANCEL any flights and/or dates and/or routings that do NOT match what Nicolo booked for you over the phone.

Why this process?

While Nicolo/AZ can change your tickets in real time over the phone, those changes are only ADDED, BUT NOT REPLACED to your online travel agency itinerary, hence the duplicate/conflicting bookings that you might be seeing with Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets.

This brief process will insure that the online travel agencies will NOT have any duplicate or conflicting bookings, that they might be inclined to try and modify without your or AZ's knowledge.

Also, do NOT send paper tickets back to the online travel agencies, under any circumstances. Only Nicolo is authorized to change tickets, NOT the online TAs.

Originally Posted by Nicolo at Alitalia
I have passengers e-mailing me for seat assignments and registering their frequent flyer numbers. Please post some thing on the message board to refrain from sending me e-mails for such matter. Our toll free number 1-800-223-5730 (if calling from the USA) will assign seats. I also mentioned that I prefer not to receive ay –emails. Thank you!
(bhatnasx)

The following information was relayed to me directly from Nicolo <last name removed>, the Tariff Analyst from AZ on May 5 at 215pm. This post supercedes any post on the original YYZ-LCA thread.

CONTACT INFO

Contact Nicolo <last name removed>, the Tariff Analyst at AZ NYC office at 212-903-3571. He is the ONLY AZ contact authorized to execute ticket reinstatements and date/routing/stopover changes. Do NOT call Mr. Pepe- the YYZ AZ contact, Orbitz/Cheap Tickets/Travelocity/other online ticket agencies, AZ reservations.

Because there is ONE person handling over 500 ticket-holders, please be patient.
* If you leave a phone message, allow him a couple of days to return the call.
* If you are unable to leave a phone message because his voicemail is full, try again the next day.
* Nicolo has the complete list of YYZ-LCA ticket-holders, so no one will be shut out from getting reinstated, making changes

CHANGE POLICIES:

OUTBOUND
* YYZ via a US connection to MXP or FCO: routing can be changed to YYZ-MXP or YYZ-FCO nonstop; date can be changed
* YYZ-MXP or FCO nonstop: routing cannot be changed, but date can be changed
* MXP-FCO-LCA segments can be changed to MXP-LCA, dates are changeable
* FCO-MXP-LCA segments can be changed to FCO-LCA; dates are changeable
* FCO or MXP-LCA segments cannot be dropped
* A stopover is permitted in MXP or FCO, whether it was part of original itinerary or not

INBOUND
* LCA-FCO-MXP segments can be changed to LCA-MXP, dates are changeable
* LCA-MXP-FCO segments can be changed to LCA-FCO; dates are changeable
* LCA-MXP or FCO segments cannot be dropped
* MXP or FCO via US connections to YYZ: routing can be changed to MXP or FCO-YYZ nonstop; date can be changed
* MXP or FCO-YYZ nonstop: routing cannot be changed, date can be changed
* A stopover is permitted in MXP or FCO, whether it was part of original itinerary or not

MISCELLANEOUS
* Your ticket will be reinstated to its original itinerary.
* Once all of your changes have been made and your ticket has been re-issued, no other future changes are permitted. Once your ticket is re-issued, your two options are- fly or get refund.
* MXP/FCO-LCA outbound and/or inbound segments may be in Coach class. Best efforts will be made to offer dates where Business Class seats are available.
* Travel must be completed within 1 year of your ticket's date of issue.

RE-ISSUING OPTIONS

Only AFTER Nicolo has re-booked your desired date, routing, stopover changes, here are your options...

US residents Option 1:
* send a FedEx to AZ NYC
Nicolo <last name removed>
Alitalia
350 Fifth Ave. #3700
New York, NY 10118
212-903-3571

* You must include the following for proper processing
- paper tickets
- a note recapping the changes you made, your name, address, phone, email
- a PRE-PAID FedEx return airbill and envelope for Nicolo to send new paper tickets back to you.

* Allow at least two weeks unless your travel dates are May, June, which will get priority processing.

US Residents Option 2:

* Go to any US-based AZ airport or city ticket office with your paper tickets

Canadian Residents:
* send a FedEx to AZ YYZ
Leonardo Pepe
Supervisor
Customer Care and Group Desk
Alitalia Airlines
5915 Airport Road, Suite 202
Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1T1
Tel: (905)673-3627

* You must include the following for proper processing
- paper tickets
- a note recapping the changes you made, your name, address, phone, email
- a PRE-PAID FedEx return airbill and envelope for Mr. Pepe to send new paper tickets back to you.

* Allow at least two weeks unless your travel dates are May, June, which will get priority processing.

Foreign Residents

- contact Nicolo for appropriate re-issuing instructions

Last edited by Mikel at Webflyer; Dec 6, 2007 at 2:32 pm Reason: removed full name of airline agent at the agent's request
Old May 5, 2006, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Excellent recap, and an excellent resolution IMHO.

It was a painful birthing process, but in the end we wound up in a good place methinks.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:26 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Great summary, thanks!

One aspect that's missing is the process for refunds. Contact the TA or deal with AZ directly? How will the refund be issued? A check drawn on a US bank will be preferrable for most Americans (assuming you get to keep your CC points), but it would be quite the hassle for Europeans and others. Has anyone explored these options?
Old May 5, 2006, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by jpdx
Great summary, thanks!

One aspect that's missing is the process for refunds. Contact the TA or deal with AZ directly? How will the refund be issued? A check drawn on a US bank will be preferrable for most Americans (assuming you get to keep your CC points), but it would be quite the hassle for Europeans and others. Has anyone explored these options?
The best bet is to only deal with Mr. Nicolo for all issues. He can probably have the relevant AZ staff process refunds as necessary.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
great idea

thank you for breaking that monster thread. How can anyone find anything in that thing?

Has anyone traveled on this "sale" yet?
Old May 5, 2006, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by formentura
No.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:42 pm

Thanks for the summary. Just curious if there any word on the legality of changing the transit city from FCO to MXP or v.v....

I have an all-AZ YYZ-MXP-LCA-FCO-YYZ ticket that currently has a forced overnight in FCO on the way back. Seeing as one is forced into an overnight whether they transit MXP or FCO, for purely selfish reasons I would rather overnight in MXP, where I can stay at the Park Hyatt for free. Both my gf and I are very familiar with Rome.

Is this considered a routing change and thus beyond the pale? I don't want to bother Nicolo with needless questions.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
That change is absolutely fine - Nicolo can do it provided the requisite space is available. You can even make MXP a full- blown stopover if you like.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:55 pm

excellent recap, the moment we've all been waiting for since this all started 4 weeks ago! great to be part of this epic.
Old May 5, 2006, 2:00 pm

Sorry for the jackass question, but what kind of time frame are we looking at for being able to make these changes? I'm scheduled to travel in November, and would love to sit tight for a couple of months, and then works things out. Does that seem reasonable to anyone? I prefer not to waste Nicolo's time with this question, obviously.
Old May 5, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
The one change allowed policy - this is AFTER my tickets are reinstated to my original booking - yes?

Thanks for the great summary.

Dave
Sudan
Old May 5, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
thank you for breaking that monster thread. How can anyone find anything in that thing?

1st travel date MAY 23.I guess there's someone leaving on the 25th.
Old May 5, 2006, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
It appears that AZ has zeroed out "D" bucket inventory on many of its flights to and from YYZ while Mr. Cimilucca is reinstating everyone's original itinerary. Presumably this is to minimize the chances that anyone will be unable to have their original booking restored due to "D" bucket unavailability.

I would like to change my outbound flight by one day (forward to 6/30/06), but the YYZ-MXP flight is showing zeros across the board. Does anybody know if Mr. Cimilucca will be able to force my date change anyway?

Like others, I do not want to bother him at this juncture if he is powerless to help.
Old May 5, 2006, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davistev
The one change allowed policy - this is AFTER my tickets are reinstated to my original booking - yes?
Yes.
Old May 5, 2006, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

May 23rd is the first ticketed travel date that I'm aware of on the original tickets. What's been done since, I'm not following.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.