Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Qualifying Solitaire - TPP number questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying Solitaire - TPP number questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Ok..

Now a stupid question...

What are the benefits from having a Solitaire card?
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Extra benefits of Solitaire over PPS

Can use SQ F lounge regardless of airline flying with or class of travel.
Partner supplementary solitaire card.
Higher priority for waitlist (yes I've already used this successfully).
Higher priority for op-ups (I dont think its a coincidence in around 100 flights before solitaire no op-ups, but already 2 since then).
Use first class check in for SQ even if flying Y.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
At least at FRA, a Solitaire card entitles one to use the UA First Class lounge regardless of ticket details.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 5:33 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
100% more for check-in luggages on SQ flights, which also applies for your travelling companion. This is for the QPP, but when you are TPP, the agent tries to accomodate more!
And those Solitaire tags on check-in luggages do works well...
Old Feb 16, 2006, 9:11 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Since this thread is about TPP, here is my question. I am very curious about your opinion on this.
For example, there are two TPP on certain flight. One is TPP5 and the other one is TPP11. Are those numbers really matters on board for the FAs? How about for the Gate Agents or the Check-in Agents, are those numbers matters?
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: SQ [TPP 20]
Originally Posted by CGK
Since this thread is about TPP, here is my question. I am very curious about your opinion on this.
For example, there are two TPP on certain flight. One is TPP5 and the other one is TPP11. Are those numbers really matters on board for the FAs? How about for the Gate Agents or the Check-in Agents, are those numbers matters?

IMHO the TPP number does matter but not for FA's or gate agents. FA's do get a list which differentiates QPP's & TPP's but i've not seen a list that shows years qualified. Nonetheless years qualified is important for waitlists, upgrades, seating preferences etc.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:12 am

I sometimes wonder which is more important to SQ

a TPP2 with 800 sectors or a TPP10 with 250? any thoughts?
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:27 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by CGK
I think you travelled often enough to casually ask the more easy going FAs on your flight about this?
I have been curious as well.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by shortfinals
I sometimes wonder which is more important to SQ

a TPP2 with 800 sectors or a TPP10 with 250? any thoughts?

On that note, do SQ care or track PPS members with that much flying time in a short span of time?
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:20 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I've just spent the past 20 minutes trying to make sense of what's the correct qualification procedure, based on the examples in this thread! Given his lack of return to this thread, I think Fraser must have pulled his hair out by now!
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Qualification or not is easy given a travel pattern. Your PPS/TPP number is also easy given a qualification history. But deducing a travel pattern from a PPS/TPP number is not so easy.
Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Extra benefits of Solitaire over PPS

Can use SQ F lounge regardless of airline flying with or class of travel.
Partner supplementary solitaire card.
Higher priority for waitlist (yes I've already used this successfully).
Higher priority for op-ups (I dont think its a coincidence in around 100 flights before solitaire no op-ups, but already 2 since then).
Use first class check in for SQ even if flying Y.
I would have thought your own personal bottle of DOM/KRUG in the lounge (much like a "bottle keep" at Japanese hostess bars)
Old Feb 18, 2006, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
I've just spent the past 20 minutes trying to make sense of what's the correct qualification procedure, based on the examples in this thread! Given his lack of return to this thread, I think Fraser must have pulled his hair out by now!
Oh dear

Let him know it (supposedly) feels much less arduous than it sounds. He ought to try it.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Interesting thread... here's a question. When my dad qualified for TPP a few years ago, he told me that he had to be QPPS for 5 years consecutively (in addition to 250 TPs). I understand that the 5 years rules went away a year or two ago? Is that correct?

Another question, how does the compaion TPP card work? I know it is the same number as the original card holder. However, where does the miles go assuming they are accumulating in KrisFlyer? Both my father and father-in-law are TPPS so we are a true PPS family! :P Told my wife that I'm working hard to get TPPS since I only just starting less than a year ago. However, I don't think I'll make TPPS before both my parents retire and lose their TPPS.
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:21 pm

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
The 5 consecutive years thing was an old rule which no longer exists.

The companion TPP year # is what he/she has earned himself.
For example, if your dad is TPP15, your mom never has been a PPS ever, then your mom will be just "TPP" without any numbers.
If your mom was a QPP3, then your mom will be "TPP3" after getting the supplementary status from your dad.
The KF number is still your mom's KF number. Not your dad's.
So she will still be earning to her own account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.