Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

What is your favorite cocktail in SQ flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Please share your favorite cocktail,
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:58 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Mine is Singapore Sling:P
Old Jun 2, 2005, 2:27 pm

I agree with paffendorf on the Singapore Sling, especially now that it's available on some economy flights (not ex-LHR but yes ex-SIN on my last trip). Cloud Nine is #2 for Raffles, gin fizz for economy. <hic>
Old Jun 2, 2005, 4:09 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Singapore Sling
Old Jun 3, 2005, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Singapore Sling on an SQ flight is just nice. As we can tell from here, it seems like it's a big favorite. No wonder they ran out on my NRT to SIN segment.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 2:25 am

Programs: QF Gold
Anyone able to Explain what it is.

Also would it feature in E on BNE ->sin and sin -> Dubai
Old Jun 3, 2005, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by davem4
Anyone able to Explain what it is.

Also would it feature in E on BNE ->sin and sin -> Dubai
This is the description from the menu:

A famous cocktail since the early 1900s, made from dry gin, DOM Benedictine, Cointreau, cherry brandy, Angostura bitters, Grenadine, lime and pineapple juice

It seems as though it's now part of the economy class menu, as both the menus on my recent flights mentioned it. It hadn't been a feature on my flights last year. But given jef7's and my experience, it might run out on the segments heading back to Singapore. The FA used the words, "I'm sorry, sir, but we are unable to offer the Singapore Sling on this flight." (Followed of course by, "I apologize for not telling you in advance. Would you like another cocktail?" Ah, the SQ service that I love.)
Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
You guys can have the Slings. Icy cold Dom for me, please.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA GLD
Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
I second that motion.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Singapore Sling, definitely.

They ran out of it yesterday upon departure on the NRT-LAX leg of SQ 11 (what is it with pax drinking all the Slings on flights to NRT?). Hopefully SQ had some Sling mix at LAX, lest they'd be out of it for the return voyage as SQ 12 as well. Had the Silver Kris Sling instead, which was quite a bit stronger to the taste, didn't go down as smoothly as the Singapore Sling.

SQ 21/SQ 22 had Slings in Exec Econ five months ago.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:08 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Hmmm... Must try the Singapore Sling next time I'm on board... Sounds "popular"...
Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:58 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by UAL_Rulez
Definitely keep the DP flowing for me too. Sling is nice but bubbly wins it for me.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 5:07 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
As an oenovaphile (sp? dictionary not at hand), I may be viewed as a heretic for saying this, but I generally don't care for Champagne. I certainly like the bubbles, but as wine I find most of it tasteless or worse, bitter. Dom Perignon is no exception. There are only two kinds I care for: Perrier Jouet's Fleur de Champagne and Moet & Chandon's White Star (the last being very reasonably priced).

Now, cocktails like the Sling and glasses of champagne are totally different animals. And when I fly SQ F I'll probably partake in whatever they're serving just for the sake of it because Champagne does have that celebratory aura that a cocktail doesn't. Still, a Singapore Sling is a fairly unusual cocktail these days in the US, so having one upon boarding SQ has its own celebratory effect.

Flame away. But I know you're out there, those of you who secretly agree with me.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 6:50 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by demue
Definitely keep the DP flowing for me too. Sling is nice but bubbly wins it for me.
Diet Pepsi demue??? I thought you were a Pepsi Twist guy You'll find the regular drink has a bit more bubbles in it
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:07 am
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
As an oenovaphile (sp? dictionary not at hand), I may be viewed as a heretic for saying this, but I generally don't care for Champagne. I certainly like the bubbles, but as wine I find most of it tasteless or worse, bitter. Dom Perignon is no exception. There are only two kinds I care for: Perrier Jouet's Fleur de Champagne and Moet & Chandon's White Star (the last being very reasonably priced).

Now, cocktails like the Sling and glasses of champagne are totally different animals. And when I fly SQ F I'll probably partake in whatever they're serving just for the sake of it because Champagne does have that celebratory aura that a cocktail doesn't. Still, a Singapore Sling is a fairly unusual cocktail these days in the US, so having one upon boarding SQ has its own celebratory effect.

Flame away. But I know you're out there, those of you who secretly agree with me.
I agree I don't know what all the fuss is about champagne. I would much rather have a decent glass of wine any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.