Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ *G Privileges with Virgin Atlantic: An Update

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2005, 3:31 am
Original Poster

There was a thread a while back about KF Elite Gold lounge access privileges. As I sought more clarification (this time with VS) as planned a September trip to NYC (to go on to Columbus for the Ohio State-Texas game -- go Buckeyes! ), here is what I got from VS. I hope this is helpful for the SQ *G planning LHR-US trips as well as LHR-HKG direct flights:

Dear jjpb3,

Thank you for your reply.

We will allow Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access for Kris Flyer Elite gold/PPS/Solitaire members & Singapore Airlines Q P/J Class passengers in Hong Kong, Washington Dulles, JFK, San Francisco, Johannesburg, Heathrow, Gatwick and Tokyo. Singapore First Class passengers and Solitaire PPS Club members can also enjoy Virgin Clubhouse hospitality in Newark.

Kris Flyer Elite gold/PPS/Solitaire members travelling on Virgin Atlantic in Premium Economy or Economy Class will be able to use Virgin Atlantic's Upper Class check-in and we will ensure that our Upper Class baggage tags are used to obtain Priority Baggage Handling. Please take your card with you.

Priority Boarding will be implemented at the boarding gate for KrisFlyer Elite gold, PPS Club and Solitaire after the pre-boards and when general boarding has commenced.

Singapore Airline's Elite Gold and PPS member's are entitled to check-in an additional 20-kilograms baggage allowance when travelling with Virgin Atlantic in any class.
important note: each individual bag can not exceed 32kilos.

I do hope this information is of use to you.

Kind Regards,
xxxx
Contact Centre Customer Service Team
Old Nov 6, 2005, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by jjpb3
There was a thread a while back about KF Elite Gold lounge access privileges. As I sought more clarification (this time with VS) as planned a September trip to NYC (to go on to Columbus for the Ohio State-Texas game -- go Buckeyes! ), here is what I got from VS. I hope this is helpful for the SQ *G planning LHR-US trips as well as LHR-HKG direct flights:

what a interesting thread, jjpb3!!!!
I found it without any hint!!!!
ROTFL
luke
Old Nov 7, 2005, 2:46 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I don't suppose that other *G would be allowed access?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 3:24 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Originally Posted by Coathanger
I don't suppose that other *G would be allowed access?
No, unfortunately not although bmi *G members are allowed access to Virgin's flagship LHR Clubhouse only.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:58 am

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
JJPb3,
about the answer you got from VS, i'd like to know if Virgin Clubhouse access is allowed to PPS only when they fly VS/SQ or even if they fly other carriers.
I suppose this is a benefit only for SQ/VS flights but.....
thank you.
cheers luke.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paffendorf
JJPb3,
about the answer you got from VS, i'd like to know if Virgin Clubhouse access is allowed to PPS only when they fly VS/SQ or even if they fly other carriers.
I suppose this is a benefit only for SQ/VS flights but.....
thank you.
cheers luke.
I think it's only for VS/SQ flights. Sorry, Luke.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
We will allow Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access for Kris Flyer Elite gold/PPS/Solitaire members & Singapore Airlines Q P/J Class passengers in Hong Kong, Washington Dulles, JFK, San Francisco, Johannesburg, Heathrow, Gatwick and Tokyo.
What does the bolded portion above mean?
Old Dec 6, 2005, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RChavez
What does the bolded portion above mean?
I took it to mean "passengers holding Raffles Class or First Class boarding passes". But I'm not sure, as I haven't had the opportunity to test that meaning.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 5:29 am

Programs: QR Plat
I took it to mean "passengers holding Raffles Class or First Class boarding passes". But I'm not sure, as I haven't had the opportunity to test that meaning.
I shall test this in Tokyo and Hong Kong for you soon. I'm starting a D class RTW and want to see if its truly P/J or First/Raffles.

-A
Old Dec 6, 2005, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Could someone please tell me exactly where the VS lounge is in LHR. I thought it was somewhere near the old AC lounge on the opposite side of the corridor from UA.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:08 am
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
Go through to the gate area from the shopping precinct (departure lounge) and turn right. then just go straight for about 20 meters and it is on your left.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Thanks JPB will try it out in a couple of weeks.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Curious if that means all First/Raffles pax, or just those who are also KF elite (incl of course PPS)?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think it should be all - otherwise why bother with the "&"?
Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:53 am
JPB

Programs: BAEC, LH M&M
I think it is all. I used it last time I flew out of LHR and I don't think they looked closely enough at my BP to tell that I was PPS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.