Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new DC monthly FT happy hour thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 9:54 am
Original Poster

The new DC monthly FT happy hour thread

Welcome to the new thread for the DC monthly FT happy hours. As the other thread was getting a bit long and bhatnasx had been the coordinator for a while, I volunteered (!?) to be his replacement. Same criteria for selecting venues as before, though many have stated that we should give priority to those establishments that take reservations and are close to a metro station.

Onwards to next month, including suggestions for date and place.

dcgators has graciouslly agreed to host the next dc ft happy hour.

sat 10-dec-2005 at 5pm in alexadria, va.

contact him via pm to get directions.

We try to pick locations that are close to Metro & National Airport - so if you're flying through DCA, stop on by, or if you're from anywhere in the region that Metro services, stop on by!

According to Ozstamps,

You folks are THE most organised and friendly Flyertalkers from any region of the USA.
So, there you have it - if you've never been to one of these, you should join us for one of these events - usually on the first or second Thursday of every month - We've got an international following with regulars from Oz & the UK!

Last edited by headinclouds; Nov 23, 2005 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 2, 2005, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for taking over! I've put a note on the other thread. Hopefully everyone will change their subscriptions & bookmarks!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Welcome to the driver's seat headinclouds. ^

After 650 posts the last thread WAS getting bit long.

I am not at all sure when they started, but I recall MDTony co-ordinated them for a while then Viajero Jovern, then bhatnsax - and I'm sure a few others have had their hand on the tiller too - I'm sure other locals can jog my memory.

I've been to more DC Happy Hours than most DC FT residents I think, probably well over a dozen now in recent years, and every single one has been a really great afternoon/evening. Wonderful hospitality shown by them all on every occasion. :-: All of them were worth flying 10,000 miles to attend from SYD.

A constantly changing group of faces and handles and characters and venues, and well worth ANYONE living or passing through the area taking time-out to attend IMHO.

Glen
Old Mar 2, 2005, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everyone keeps spelling my name wrong!

bhatnasx!

Oh well!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Agree wholeheartedly with Oz. Its ironic, but until we got the DFW group going again, I had attended more events in the DC area, Chicago area, Seattle area, and LA area than I had in Dallas. I still don't think Dallas is up to #1 on that list yet.

DC events are always fun... trying (unsuccessfully at the moment) to get my client load out there back up so I can make another one.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:30 pm

If you have one next week, March 11-18 I'd be interested!
Old Mar 13, 2005, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by headinclouds
...Leumas, a Flyertalker from New Zealand, will be in town from March 26-31...
We've been working in Northern Virginia a few days every month for years but have never been around for a DC monthly Happy Hour. We are determined to get to one sooner or later and maybe this might be the month. We'll be staying somewhere in Fairfax County 31Mar for three or four days but will have a car and can get anywhere in Virginia, easily on those days when the traffic is only reasonably bad, but with much more difficulty on the bad days. Getting in to the District after work out there is more times than not a very large problem, but even a location near DCA, Rosslyn, Ballston, etc. would be accessible to us without needing to use 66 or to cross a bridge. After reading ozstamps reports about this crowd and talking to him about it, we really would like to connect one of these days.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:32 am
Original Poster

The Ides of March are almost here and there has not been any activity for this month’s happy hour. With the spring holidays fast approaching, I think that the next happy hour should be in early April.

Meanwhile, I checked the Capital City Brewing Co. locations at Union Station and Metro Center. Happy hour is everyday, 4-7 PM with $2.50 pints of beer and half-priced appetizers at the bar.

Your comments please.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If Leumas is still going to be around & if Monitor'll be around, I think we should try to coordinate around the same time they can make it.

Last edited by bhatnasx; Mar 14, 2005 at 12:11 pm
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:19 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Yes, I'm still coming (getting rather excited), but unfortunately, I'll be gone by the night of the 31st. So any nights from the 26th to the 30th are good for me.

Anyway, we can see what the consensus is (or however you guys make a decision around here), and we'll see... I'm lurking around this thread though.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PP
The Four Points is at 1201 K Street NW sort of near Metro
Center.

Leumas, a Flyertalker from New Zealand, will be in town from March 26-31. Leumas will be staying at the Four Points in DC. Any suggestions to something near there?

Around there, nothing comes to mind other than Cap City or maybe M&S Grill.

Leumas, where are you from in NZ? My dad is from Te Aroha.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:40 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by suzy1K
Around there, nothing comes to mind other than Cap City or maybe M&S Grill.

Leumas, where are you from in NZ? My dad is from Te Aroha.
It doesn't have to be near where I'll be, as long as it's near a subway, I should be OK. How about Cap City (which I assume is the same as Capital City Brewing Co, as suggested by headinclouds)?

Since I'm a tourist by myself, I'm easy on the day.

Suzy - I'm from Wellington.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:59 pm

Chef Geoffs near Metro Center has a similar deal.

Originally Posted by headinclouds
The Ides of March are almost here and there has not been any activity for this month’s happy hour. With the spring holidays fast approaching, I think that the next happy hour should be in early April.

Meanwhile, I checked the Capital City Brewing Co. locations at Union Station and Metro Center. Happy hour is everyday, 4-7 PM with $2.50 pints of beer and half-priced appetizers at the bar.

Your comments please.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Meetings and schedule all changed. 31March is out and now arriving NoVa 14Apr for three or four days. Go ahead with your business of early April and we'll catch up with you if we can or another time.
Thanks for the consideration.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

How about Wed nite, 30-Mar about 6:30PM at the Capital City Brewing Co at the corner of 11th and H NW? If so, I'll update the front page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.