Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

SIN lounge

Could someone tell me about the business and first class lounge in Singapore, please? Are they sharing lounge with another carriers? Are there any shower facilities in business?
Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
AF has its own lounge at Changi. It's a joint first/business lounge and has the usual drinks etc. plus a great selection of magazines and newspapers. I'm pretty sure there are showers although I've never had one there. All in all it's a pretty good lounge as they go.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:10 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club
Originally Posted by AshleyB
AF has its own lounge at Changi
Ashley, are you not thinking of the previous lounge when AF was in T2?

Since AF now operate from T1, I answered this question in broadwayboy's previous post last week, non? Anything specific you would like to know?

Last edited by SYDguy; Jan 19, 2005 at 5:46 pm
Old Jan 19, 2005, 11:31 am
Original Poster

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYDguy, I guess what I am not clear about is this note from you from last week's post:

"CDG lounges already mentioned, agreeable but nothing extraordinary, IDEM SIN lounge which is QF/BA with very QF food - their idea of canapés = mini meat pies!"

Does AF lounge in SIN is shared with QF/BA? Or is it basically the same look as QF/BA lounge?

I will be arriving SIN from BKK that eve, so would like to know if there's a shower facility in AF SIN lounge.

Merci beaucoup.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 6:03 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club
I was speaking from the perspective of flying AF but on a QF codeshare flight no. in which case the lounge entitlement is to the QF/BA lounge which is now huge with the opening of stage 2 of the business section a few weeks ago. There are separate first and business lounges, extensive showers about 8-10 in First and 20 in business.

However, flying AF on AF flight no. the entitlement is now to a shared Changi operated lounge (there used to be an exclusive AF salon in T2)
I haven't visited it so hope someone else here has. Showers are "outside the lounge", whatever that means.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 2:14 am

I just flew yesterday AF257 SIN-CDG. The AF lounge uses now CIAS lounge
located in T1, and shared by other carriers such as KLM, Air Mauritius, Garuda,
Air Asia...

The business lounge is very small and gets easily crowded and full.

AF used to have its own lounge in T2, but not since they moved to T1
and started code-sharing their PAR-SIN-PAR route with QF.

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Could someone tell me about the business and first class lounge in Singapore, please? Are they sharing lounge with another carriers? Are there any shower facilities in business?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 5:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi!

I will be travelling with AF in 2 weeks time with a friend to SIN. Travelling in Y but my friend is an E+. Thus, I was wondering about lounge access. I guess upgrades would be out of the question

Just want to confirm the previous posts.
Thus AF does not have its own lounge anymore in SIN?

Does anyone know if E+ members will be able to use the CIAS lounges on arrival and on depature travelling in Y?

If yes, does the lounge have any shower facilities?

Are there no other ST lounges in SIN?

ps: one more quest: I read on the AF site that there is a massage given by Clarins at CDG, is this only available for the F lounge or also available at the business lounge?

Thanks.

Last edited by nldogbert; Jun 12, 2005 at 8:54 am
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:38 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Any update on this old thread?

I see from the AF web site that no lounge is listed, suggesting that there isn't one in SQ. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:15 am

Programs: DL Skymiles - Platinum
Originally Posted by Markie
Any update on this old thread?

I see from the AF web site that no lounge is listed, suggesting that there isn't one in SQ. Any advise would be appreciated.
Also looking for an update on the SIN AF lounge issue. Due to flying in P in Feb and am having problems finding any info on this.

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 6:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

They use the Skyview lounge

Hi,

I was just in SIN 2 weeks ago. Currently, AF and KLM are using the SkyView lounge. This lounge is OK, but not really the best. It is an sort of open-air terrace lounge. Sorry to say, but to what I observed, First class passengers and Business/E+ passenger shares the same lounge with only a small part of the lounge hidden to the back of the lounge with a view of the tarmac reserved for First class passengers. However, during my time there, no control were made to check if the passengers in the First class sections were eligible to there or not.

Lounge is separated into two sides. During my time there, both sides were crowded. Announcements are made for flights.

They did have a "special welcome" for KLM-Air France passenger on the TV screen.

This special area was separated just to provide seating availability for the First class passengers.

Overall, seating was terrible since this lounge is used by several other airlines. I suspect that CX is the main operator of this lounge due to the big CX logo, but don't think this is their main lounge.

Food was so-so. Shower is available. Reading materials very limited and internet connection was OK, wireless.

Overall a OK lounge (more on the weaker side).

I thought that they would use the newly renovated Plaza Premium lounge as they used before the renovation, but seems to have changed.

Hope this info helps.

ps: Be sure to either arrive early at the gate or very late. For my KLM flight, no special lanes for Biz/Elite at security, lines were long. Though they did have Elite boarding. Not sure if AF has separate lines for First/Bus/Elite at security. In this sense I find *A much organized.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:47 am

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue, SK Eurobonus, TG ROP, BA EC, QR Privilege Club, SQ Krisflyer
Sorry to bump an old thread.

The most recent information I can find after several searches seems to be nldogbert's report above that AF is using the SkyView lounge at SIN for F passengers. There does not appear to be any information at all about SIN lounges on the AF website. Does anyone have any current experience of departing SIN in F?
Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:05 am
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by rhodeswood
Sorry to bump an old thread.

The most recent information I can find after several searches seems to be nldogbert's report above that AF is using the SkyView lounge at SIN for F passengers. There does not appear to be any information at all about SIN lounges on the AF website. Does anyone have any current experience of departing SIN in F?
When flying SIN-CDG in J in early January, I had access to the aforementioned SkyView lounge. While comfortable, the food and beverage other than the excellent cheese selection were sub-par for an international business class lounge (wine was virtually undrinkable). I did not see a separate section for F passengers, but did not look. There were shared computers available, as well as WiFi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.