Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Household Account

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2004, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
OK, I'm relieved now--we won't have any miles taken away. Explanation is that membership end date means it is just the end of the year for tier accrual (for me tier level is unimportant). Our accounts remain open to accrue miles in any manner. Anyone in the household account who has activity, extends the 36 month use-it-or-lose it rule for all members in the household account (that's what they told me on the phone). I also received an e-mail response from them first thing this a.m. and it states as follows (plus they finished it off with the 36 month explanation I quoted above):

"Your account will not be expire, when your membership period ends. At the end of each Membership year or upon promotion to another tier level, the Member's Tier Point level returns to zero. A new membership year starts and members progress from Blue to Silver and from Silver to Gold, if required Points are earned ..."

This is the second time they've sent me into a panic. The first was when I received an e-mail in Oct. that miles we'd earned in June would expire in a month. Turns out the message was sent "in error". As soon as I spend my miles, they are off my list.

Old Jan 26, 2004, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Thank you, Steph, for passing that on -- I am, for the record, stunned at the speed of your reply.

It speaks volumes about BA's current relationship with most of its passengers, though, that the notion of them completely erasing our mileage balances unless we hurriedly book multiple full-fare flights seems highly plausible.

Like you, unless the Executive Club adopts a less unwelcoming view of the "upper-middle-class" mixed-fare passenger, I am unlikely ever again to be a revenue passenger on a BA flight. But I do want to spend my last, fairly and honorably earned, 475k miles.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 5:24 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Sorry but how does the "taking 4 tier earning flights rule to maintain Blue, Silver, or Gold" apply vis-a-vis Steph58's response from BA EC?

I thought the new EC programme was to simplify it!??!!!!?? I am getting so confused. . . . I too am considering redeeming for one last flight and put all of my loyalty in Air Canada, Lufthansa or United!! Arghhh!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.