Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Why I love SQ" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2004, 5:08 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
The "Why I love SQ" thread

Quick story - I am traveling BKK-SIN-SYD-SIN-BKK since I have a quick meeting to attend in SIN. I am on the ground in SIN 6 hours and arrange a massage at the Four Seasons after dinner and before my 12:20AM flight.

So it would seem that I left my ticket wallet (inclusive of paper ticket) in the locker at the FSH spa. Naturally I do not realize this until I arrive at the airport (at 11:30!!) to check in for my flight.

The attendant at the SQ F check-in lounge pokes the keyboard for few a minutes and issues me a boarding pass. He indicates that:

1) he will contact the Four Seasons and have the ticket delivered to the airport

2) He as sent a message to SYD instructing them to issue a BP without a ticket

3) Upon receipt, my travel wallet will be held for me and someone will meet my flight from SYD in transit to BKK and delivery my wallet to me

So my stupidity and its impact to my plans is mitigated by SQ - GREAT JOB!!
Old Aug 14, 2004, 8:24 am

Programs: QR Plat
Last year I did BNE-SIN-KUL-SIN-LHR-CPH and forgot my digital cam in the seat pocket on the KUL-SIN flight and discovered this as I was one of the last pax onboard the LHR-flight. I ask on of the SQ crew at the gate what can be done for this, two quick phones, the camera is located, but I'm told it won't reach the gate in time, and they tell me they'll stick it on the next flight to CPH as they certainly wouldn't want to send it through LHR, it would almost guaranteed be "lost". Candid and effective, the camera was in my posession the next morning

(Oh, and I have a better one, but it's far more embarassing, so it won't find it's way on the forum)
Old Aug 14, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
Thumbs up The case of the missing Moet

Agreeing to meet my SFO-based mate in BKK for the weekend, I brought onboard a bottle of Moet ex-SIN to celebrate our gathering. But in the rush to leave the aircraft at Dom Muang, I inadvertently left the bubbly on the overhead compartment. I did not think I'd see the bottle again. But my friend suggested I call SQ reservations in BKK to report the loss - just in case.

The agent was very sympathetic and said she'd send a message to SIN to report the loss. Turns out the cleaners/SQ staff found the bottle and it was somehow brought back to SIN. She asked if I wanted the bottle sent to Tokyo, which was my next destination. An SQ ground staff was waiting for me at the TG gate in NRT when I arrived to hand over the bottle which flew from SIN-BKK-SIN-NRT. That's impressive service, I say.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 11:50 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Wow great service in all cases
Old Aug 14, 2004, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Very impressive!
Old Aug 15, 2004, 1:11 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Location: Grand Rapids, MI USA UA 1K, AA EXP 1MM, SQ PPS, BA GOLD, Hyatt D, Hertz Plat and AMEX Cent
Update

Back in SIN - all went smoothly in SYD and my travel wallet was presented to me at the gate in SIN
Old Aug 15, 2004, 1:25 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
DXB-SIN in Y class
I prefer meal A, but they only have meal B.
I tell the flight attendant if no meal A, I'm happy to skip the meal and just sleep instead (red eye flight to SIN anyway).
She comes back and says... we didn't have any meal A left, so we're putting something together from J cabin for you. ^

~ A M A Z I N G ~
Old Aug 15, 2004, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Wink

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
DXB-SIN in Y class
I prefer meal A, but they only have meal B.
I tell the flight attendant if no meal A, I'm happy to skip the meal and just sleep instead (red eye flight to SIN anyway).
She comes back and says... we didn't have any meal A left, so we're putting something together from J cabin for you. ^

~ A M A Z I N G ~
Now that is what I call bending over backwards for the customer, that is a memorable experience that will keep you flying SQ again and again.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
My 2 cents on SQ's PPS dept.

AC award on SQ flight. AC allotment for SQ is full. AC won't waitlist. SQ intervened and made a special award booking for me. AMAZING is the word.

See my post of the AC forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346445
Old Aug 16, 2004, 7:30 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
My 2 cents on SQ's PPS dept.

AC award on SQ flight. AC allotment for SQ is full. AC won't waitlist. SQ intervened and made a special award booking for me. AMAZING is the word.
Maybe you should keep your PPS status then, if only to annoy AviAsian
Old Aug 16, 2004, 7:49 pm

Why I love SQ?

Was running way way late for a friends' birthday party. No time to buy a gift and the traffic around the malls was terrible (I think it was the catwoman premiere that caused it)
Anyway, my birthday is a few days before hers. Lo an behold as I'm about to walk out the office to head to the party empty handed, a lovely happy birthday crabtree and evelyn package shows up for me courtesy of SQ. Talk about perfect timing. 10 seconds later I would have never seen it till the next day. Needless to say I 'reassigned' it.

Problem is - my friends' husband is also PPS. His birthday is in October. I hope they change the birthday present by then....
Old Aug 17, 2004, 5:15 am
Suspended

I flew SIN to DPS in May 2002, and while asking the lady from the telephone check-in whether she would like to upgrade me I told her that it would be a nice birthday present which was a day before my departure.

I didn't get an upgrade, but I did get a birthday cake on the plane which I thought was absolutely amazing! United would never give their 1K's anything for their birthday.... .
Old Aug 17, 2004, 8:05 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
I have yet to experience any extraordinarily pleasant experience like some of the lucky people above, but I love SQ for all these:
- its PPS Club program
- SpaceBed and SkySuite
- Book The Cook
- KrisWorld
- its route network
- Star Alliance membership
- its hub Changi
- consistently good inflight service (minus those one or two bad flights per YEAR)
Old Aug 18, 2004, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Two stories:

Flying a 777 in F, and the SQ FA notices pictures of our new baby on my laptop. I boast about her, as any proud parent would, and later fall asleep. Just before arrival, I wake up, and the FA hands me two bags of SQ baby bottles, bibs, etc. We still have them -- they are very cute, and perfect for a future SQ flyer.

Flying a 744 in F, I'm the only one eating dinner, and for some reason have a huge appetite for caviar (plain) and champagne. The friendly senior FA keeps bring me servings, four in total. And then at the end of the flight, the FA brings me (under wraps) a 100 g tin to take with me.

This kind of thing makes me choose SQ again and again -- I have 8 flights in F coming up next 3 weeks because of service like that.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 4:12 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Good looking, well-dressed FAs!!!!!
Great service all-around. Just a wonderful airline.

Baggage handling and arrival on belt and disembarkation class by class...good management of problems...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.