Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGW Airside Transfer?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:18 am
Original Poster

LGW Airside Transfer?

Arriving into Gatwick on BA fight from Glasgow, and transferring onto BA metal to St Lucia with a 2 hr 15 min connection time.

Just wondering if I need to pass through security and passport control again, given this is a domestic transfer all within South Terminal.

Gatwick and BA websites seem to give contradictory information.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
no passport control, but yes you would go landside then through security to get in to the airside departures area.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 7:50 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
The info both here

https://www.gatwickairport.com/fligh...nnections.html

and here

https://www.britishairways.com/conte...ht-connections

is expressed in different ways but is actually consistent.

You follow signs for signs for arrivals and end up at domestic arrivals (which comes out by the BA check-in desks) land side. From there you take the the escalator or lift up one level and go through security to get back airside.

Club, Gold, Silver etc can use the Premium Gatwick security.

If you have lounge access (and time) go left at the exit from security following signs for the lounge, rather than ahead and down one level.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Gatwick security is in my opinion the best on the network, the marshalling even in the standard section is top rate. When busy it can get a bit claggy but like for like it's very quick indeed, especially if you get a station near to the machine.

I wouldn't always automatically take fast track. It's a single channel and it feeds into a machine which is also fed from the general security, so 4 stations premium and 4 for standard at peak times. If there looks like a group of cruise ship clientele feeding fast track, or people arguing the toss about entry, or it's ski season and the lombards are travelling, I'll almost always dive into standard security. It's a luxury the gold wing doesn't afford you.

There was a queue of secondaries you wouldn't believe out of the fast track scanner on Wednesday when I did go through.
lcylocal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.