Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SUA Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

SUA Question

I was recently assigned a new Globalist Concierge, whom I asked to apply Suite Upgrade Awards to two of my cash reservations (not prepaid) a few days ago.

When I checked today, the reservation summary page says "applied awards... Suite Upgrade Award", and the room type is now the standard suite, instead of the base room I originally booked. The cash per room now also reflects the standard cash rate for the suite.

Is this how an SUA should be applied?

With my old Globalist Concierge, an applied SUA was never reflected on the reservations summary page (which stayed unchanged showing the base room reservation and charge).
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fura2
I was recently assigned a new Globalist Concierge, whom I asked to apply Suite Upgrade Awards to two of my cash reservations (not prepaid) a few days ago.

When I checked today, the reservation summary page says "applied awards... Suite Upgrade Award", and the room type is now the standard suite, instead of the base room I originally booked. The cash per room now also reflects the standard cash rate for the suite.

Is this how an SUA should be applied?

With my old Globalist Concierge, an applied SUA was never reflected on the reservations summary page (which stayed unchanged showing the base room reservation and charge).
Yes
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SP03
Yes
Shouldn't the rate stay unchanged at the base room rate?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fura2
Shouldn't the rate stay unchanged at the base room rate?
Thats just how the process works. They would’ve told you that when you applied the SUA. It will be changed back in a few days.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, there's a manual process to force/adjust the cash rate back to your originally booked rate, but it requires a special team to do so. If your stay is getting close and the adjustment still hasn't happened, call to chase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.