Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Changes to Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold Elite Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Not sure if this has been discussed already but I just got the Marriott Bonvoy Bold and the insert included some upcoming (read: negative) changes to the card. Starting 7/11/2024 cardholders will receive 5 Elite Night Credits every calendar year, not 15. Additional changes include moving travel earning from 2x/$ to 1x/$.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by viewfromthewindowseat
Not sure if this has been discussed already but I just got the Marriott Bonvoy Bold and the insert included some upcoming (read: negative) changes to the card. Starting 7/11/2024 cardholders will receive 5 Elite Night Credits every calendar year, not 15. Additional changes include moving travel earning from 2x/$ to 1x/$.
I wonder would it affect those existing Bold before the 7/11/2024 date? I downgraded my boundless last year to bold. It hasn't hit the bold's annoversary yet but the 15 nights have never been reduced after downgrade. It also is in the account without interruption into 2024, with a recent email from Marriott informed me those nights were posted while in fact they never left the account,

I suspect not a small number of people took the downgrade because all they need from Chase card are the 15 nights.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Five ENCs for a no fee card is still generous.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:32 pm

This was discussed a couple weeks ago at this thread: Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

I dont think it previously mentioned what the changes were. I looked quickly and i didnt see it. Where do you see the changes?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:00 am

The will be some spending categories that earn 2X - grocery stores, rideshare, internet/cable/phone services as well as some food delivery and streaming services.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schnit
This was discussed a couple weeks ago at this thread: Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

I dont think it previously mentioned what the changes were. I looked quickly and i didnt see it. Where do you see the changes?
I just applied for the card and as part of the welcome kit it had the old information as well as an insert detailing the changes. Don't think they have been publicly announced yet.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 11:29 am

Interesting thanks. I noticed it says new benefits coming too
Old Feb 11, 2024, 2:00 pm

Interesting thanks. I noticed it says new benefits coming too
I wonder what other benefits they could be adding to a no annual fee card? Maybe MGM Resorts Gold Status
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am more concerned on HOW will they implement the reduction of the 15 elite nights in the middle of a year, July, for those already have the card before this re-do of card benefits.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:38 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
I am more concerned on HOW will they implement the reduction of the 15 elite nights in the middle of a year, July, for those already have the card before this re-do of card benefits.
They won’t - ENCs are granted at the start of the year or upon card approval. They aren’t going to take ENCs away from existing card holders, but next year, you’ll only receive the reduced number.
SPN Lifer, Happy and KRSW like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
They won’t - ENCs are granted at the start of the year or upon card approval. They aren’t going to take ENCs away from existing card holders, but next year, you’ll only receive the reduced number.
Thanks.

As long as they stay for this year it is perfectly fine with me. Next year it will be another situation on the card mix I intend to have.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thanks.

As long as they stay for this year it is perfectly fine with me. Next year it will be another situation on the card mix I intend to have.
Yeah even canceling a card doesn't reduce it
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah even canceling a card doesn't reduce it
Is that the case?

I just checked Bonvoy account activity to see when was the date I got the Boundless SUB. It was in Dec 2022. Hence I would not qualify again until Jan 2025 anyway.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:17 pm

Is that the case?
Yeah. Once they give it they don't pull it back. Downgrading from brilliant to bonvoy card, you keep the 25 nights
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
As far as I know, the only time ENCs were changed in the middle of the year was when Brilliant cardholders suddenly woke up with 10 additional ENCs upon the announcement of the increase from 15 to 25. My assumption that they won’t reduce the ENCs from 15 to 5 for existing cardholders is based on the amount of yelling Marriott and Chase CS would receive if they were to implement such a change. Had Marriott not increased ENC totals for existing Brilliant cardholders, they would have received yelling and CS tickets from the same. So, let’s assume they’ll do what makes people not call CS.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.