Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR to Euston Station

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:08 am
Original Poster

LHR to Euston Station

I tried to search for a forum for trains? Do we have one? If not here, can mods move to appropriate thread please.

If not, I have been flying from LA to GLA or EDI for the past 20 years and I know the airports like the back of my hand now.

So of course to make my life more stressful, I decided to take the train from London Euston to Gla. I know I can take the train from Heathrow Airport but do I exit the airport? Or is there a direct route to the train station?

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Try this https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/euro...il-travel-654/ or the uk travel forum but it is not related to Ba in any way.
noob2022 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Not sure I understand your post?

If you want to go from LHR to Euston by train you can use either the Heathrow Express (or other trains running on that line) or the Underground. Both will require you to exit the airport. The HEX is the fastest but most expensive. Still not really sure I understand what you're asking though.
noob2022 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Probably the U.K. and Ireland forum.

What terminal will you arrive into at Heathrow? At Terminal 5 arrivals you follow the blue signs for Trains and then take the lifts down to the station which is on the lower levels of the terminal.

To Euston taking London Underground Piccadilly and Victoria lines changing at Green Park may not be much slower. In which case you would follow the Underground signs, and again take the relevant lifts.
noob2022 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
ahem.... FLYERtalk....

Would LCY be closer to Euston? Then a strategic LHR-EDI-LCY might be an option? Or just go LHR-GLA and bypass Euston.
noob2022 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Assuming you arrive at Terminal 5, follow the signs for Trains to London. You have two options: Heathrow Express will get you as far as Paddington in around 20 minutes. Or the Piccadilly line on the tube.

On the former, you could then taxi/Uber to Euston, or take the tube (which would involve changing trains) to Euston/Euston Square. Note that Euston Square is an 8-10 minute walk from the National Rail station. How much baggage do you plan on bringing with you? If travelling with anything more than hand baggage, I'd second the advice from lcylocal on taking the Piccadilly line from Terminal 5 to Green Park, and then changing to the Victoria line to Euston.
noob2022 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:26 am
Original Poster

This! Thank you.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LCY8737
ahem.... FLYERtalk....

Would LCY be closer to Euston? Then a strategic LHR-EDI-LCY might be an option? Or just go LHR-GLA and bypass Euston.
Yeh Yeh - LOL. But I knew I'd get an answer cuz you flyertalkers are brill!
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GM1985
Assuming you arrive at Terminal 5, follow the signs for Trains to London. You have two options: Heathrow Express will get you as far as Paddington in around 20 minutes. Or the Piccadilly line on the tube.

On the former, you could then taxi/Uber to Euston, or take the tube (which would involve changing trains) to Euston/Euston Square. Note that Euston Square is an 8-10 minute walk from the National Rail station. How much baggage do you plan on bringing with you? If travelling with anything more than hand baggage, I'd second the advice from lcylocal on taking the Piccadilly line from Terminal 5 to Green Park, and then changing to the Victoria line to Euston.
Mmmm, I don't fancy that long of a walk with luggage. Ok, thanks - Piccadilly to Green Park then Victoria to Euston. Got it! Thanks so much!
Old Mar 23, 2023, 9:55 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Or, take the Elizabeth Line from Heathrow to Tottenham Court Road, then the Northern Line to Euston.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If changing at Green Park from Piccadilly to Victoria, ignore the signs for the Victoria Line on the Piccadilly line platform. Instead follow the signs for the way out, get up the escalator then cross over to the other set of escalators downwards towards the Victoria line. That way, you will have very little walking to go from Piccadilly to Victoria. At Heathrow, you are best to take a seat towards the back of the train as this is where the exit will be at Green Park.
Swanhunter and Smid like this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
If changing at Green Park from Piccadilly to Victoria, ignore the signs for the Victoria Line on the Piccadilly line platform. Instead follow the signs for the way out, get up the escalator then cross over to the other set of escalators downwards towards the Victoria line. That way, you will have very little walking to go from Piccadilly to Victoria. At Heathrow, you are best to take a seat towards the back of the train as this is where the exit will be at Green Park.
Great tips! Thanks!
Smid likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
You don't say when you're traveling, but be aware that the West Coast mainline to Glasgow is a bit of a mess all days for the next month, and will be a mess at weekends for a further month after that due to engineering works at Carstairs.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Scots_Al
You don't say when you're traveling, but be aware that the West Coast mainline to Glasgow is a bit of a mess all days for the next month, and will be a mess at weekends for a further month after that due to engineering works at Carstairs.
Tomorrow And here I thought I was doing a good thing. This is an emergency get over to Glasgow NOW situation and I'd booked the ticket from LA to LHR several months ago - originally leaving in May.
Didn't do the LHR to GLA since I had plenty of time.
So had to change to leave today (fortune) and adding tickets from LHR to GLA is extortionate so decided to take the train.
TMI but there you have it.

Thanks - let's see where I end up
Old Mar 23, 2023, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by stut
Or, take the Elizabeth Line from Heathrow to Tottenham Court Road, then the Northern Line to Euston.
This is what I would do. Elizabeth line is faster and newer than the Piccadilly line. Northern line is what it is but at least it is only a few stops.
mnhusker, noob2022, stifle and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.