Search

Urgent - how to make tight LHR connection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:59 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Urgent - how to make tight LHR connection

I just landed, am taxiing to T5, and have 50 min to get to my TLV flight (BA165 at 7:50). Is there any hope? Better to stay airside and go through flight connections or exit through immigration and back in through First Wing? Will they hold the plane if I scan through flight connections? Even if I make it, is there any hope for my checked bag? I am in J both legs, have access to egates, and am OWE. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by hp12c
I just landed, am taxiing to T5, and have 50 min to get to my TLV flight (BA165 at 7:50). Is there any hope? Better to stay airside and go through flight connections or exit through immigration and back in through First Wing? Will they hold the plane if I scan through flight connections? Even if I make it, is there any hope for my checked bag? I am in J both legs, have access to egates, and am OWE. Thanks in advance!
If you have 50 minutes before departure, you have 15 minutes to get to the first wing security check or flight connections. There is a conformance cut off at 35 minutes before your departure at those points. I am afraid it looks like they will need to re-book you.

Your best bet is flight connections, hope your taxi is short, you get off the plane quick and arrive there by 7.15.

Globalist
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:11 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Globalist
If you have 50 minutes before departure, you have 15 minutes to get to the first wing security check or flight connections. There is a conformance cut off at 35 minutes before your departure at those points. I am afraid it looks like they will need to re-book you.

Your best bet is flight connections, hope your taxi is short, you get off the plane quick and arrive there by 7.15.

Globalist
thank you. That’s what I was afraid of.

so much for the short taxi - still haven’t pulled up to our gate. Oh well… guess I’ll get in to TLV at 4am tomorrow
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
If you're a premier they'll hold the flight, otherwise almost certainly not sadly. However you may be in luck if your TLV flight is delayed etc. I think going landside can remove some of the protection for missed connections so if a tight connection like this I'd usually stay airside so if you do miss the flight you get rebooked with minimal fuss. Also if there's a huge queue at flight connections the Flounge customer service desk may be able to help rebooking too. Good luck!
jsn55, becks1 and hp12c like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:18 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by so3003
If you're a premier they'll hold the flight, otherwise almost certainly not sadly. However you may be in luck if your TLV flight is delayed etc. I think going landside can remove some of the protection for missed connections so if a tight connection like this I'd usually stay airside so if you do miss the flight you get rebooked with minimal fuss. Also if there's a huge queue at flight connections the Flounge customer service desk may be able to help rebooking too. Good luck!
Im executive platinum on AA, so one world emerald. But we still haven’t pulled up to a gate yet, so I’ve basically given up hope at this point. Looks like a long wait in the Flounge for me today
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:22 am

To the extent you do have any hope left, remember you can do flight connections at T5B. I’m guessing you’re arriving on a long-haul at B or C. The TLV flight is going from B38. If you can hop it through B connections sharpish you might make it, but it’s looking rather difficult at this stage.
orbitmic and hp12c like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Have you got the BA app? If so refresh your cache now, you may well have been rebooked. If not, it's possible that using BA.com and your PNR will show a new flight but that's less likely to be correct. If you haven't had conformance by now I think you're not on that flight, but you should try anyway. If it's a very long wait, you should ask BA to look at other routing options, which can include other airlines / El Al.
Mekko and hp12c like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by hp12c
thank you. That’s what I was afraid of.

so much for the short taxi - still haven’t pulled up to our gate. Oh well… guess I’ll get in to TLV at 4am tomorrow
See what other re-booking options they can give for example
LHR-FRA-TLV on Lufthansa 9.30am arriving 7.10pm?
LHR-IST-TLV on Turkish 11.35am arriving 11.30pm?
LHR-TLV on EL-AL 2.20pm arriving 9.05pm?

Nothing else on OW at first glance.

Globalist
Mekko and hp12c like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
PS: Don't forget to make a note of exactly when the doors opened on your inbound flight.
miles4CDG and wrp96 like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
ITA suggesting Iberia via Madrid, various LHR departures arriving 2245 this evening.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:46 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Have you got the BA app? If so refresh your cache now, you may well have been rebooked. If not, it's possible that using BA.com and your PNR will show a new flight but that's less likely to be correct. If you haven't had conformance by now I think you're not on that flight, but you should try anyway. If it's a very long wait, you should ask BA to look at other routing options, which can include other airlines / El Al.
this is exactly what happened. App shows me rebooked on the 9:15pm. Going to ask for a rebooking on one of the other options that Globalist pointed out.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Make sure you go and ask flight connections helpdesk before security (even if there is a queue) rather than scan through -- it's easier to get rebooked and go to whatever terminal you need e.g. for El Al from there than from after security at T5 when you'd need to exit again which is a bit of a lengthy/frustrating process.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 2:29 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Thank you for your knowledgeable and friendly help, everyone. That’s why the BA forum is the best!

The resolution was that I ended up getting rebooked onto the El Al flight at 14:20. Downgraded to premium economy as J is sold out, but worth it for a non-stop that gets in tonight. I guess I’ll now also be able to tick the El Al 787 off my list. I was also given a 15 GBP voucher to use in the airport.

After getting the rebooking sorted, I went landside to the BA arrivals lounge in T5 as I don’t seem to have any lounge access in T4. I’ll hang here at the arrivals lounge bit, make the trek to T4, and probably kill some time window shopping.

Thank you again for the advice, everyone!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
This forum at its absolute best
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:40 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ Badge

By the way, since I’m arriving to my final destination 7 hours late, am I entitled to any compensation under the UK equivalent of EU261?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.