Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unable to check in for flight BA 0884 to OTP tomorrow evening

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold

I've been trying to check in for my LHR - OTP flight tomorrow evening but each time I get the following message in red:

Your passport and/or visa(s) must be checked at the airport

We are required by certain countries to check your travel documents before you fly. Please see a British Airways representative at the airport.

It does say though, that I am checked in.

I hold a UK and Irish passports and the correct details for my UK passport are entered in APIS so I'm not sure why this happened.

A slight complication to this, is that BA offered me a complimentary Airportr pick up and they are collecting the bag at 10:00 tomorrow. I trust they will be happy enough with the checked in message on the app but does anyone know why this would have happened?

Can I just swipe my passport at one of the machines or do I need to see someone at T3 tomorrow?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by CoweyB
I've been trying to check in for my LHR - OTP flight tomorrow evening but each time I get the following message in red:

Your passport and/or visa(s) must be checked at the airport

We are required by certain countries to check your travel documents before you fly. Please see a British Airways representative at the airport.

It does say though, that I am checked in.

I hold a UK and Irish passports and the correct details for my UK passport are entered in APIS so I'm not sure why this happened.

A slight complication to this, is that BA offered me a complimentary Airportr pick up and they are collecting the bag at 10:00 tomorrow. I trust they will be happy enough with the checked in message on the app but does anyone know why this would have happened?

Can I just swipe my passport at one of the machines or do I need to see someone at T3 tomorrow?
i often get this when flying my return leg lhr to krk on ba. Never a problem krk to lhr on ba. Never found out why. I go to a desk and they check me in without any issues that i can see. Never tried the machine
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, the machines should do the trick. Ensure your passport number is correct on the booking, then at the airport select the passport option then enter OTP and it should do the rest. Is it a new passport or a passport with less than 6 months to run? That sometimes triggers this. It may be the case that using the app or using the web version may work, other tips in the main "why can't I OLCI" thread.
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both. Yes it is a new passport and I tried both app and website. I’ll check out the thread
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

The app shows the flight is ticketed. It’s a different (later) number to the original email but I assume that’s because of the POUG I took.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The app shows the flight is ticketed. It’s a different (later) number to the original email but I assume that’s because of the POUG I took.
Yes, that's what should happen. It's just the new passport, I don't think there is much you can do now other than try again tomorrow morning.
CoweyB likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Duplicate deleted
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Getting a reply from CWS is always reassuring and, of course, he is always right...

Airportr were hesitant to take my bag without a boarding pass but after everything went through once they had scanned my passport, they took it away and I’ve been monitoring its progress towards LHR.

At T3 I went straight to the machine and, just aa CWS said, out popped my boarding pass for OTP seat 1A.

Just had a late lunch in the CX dining room and my holiday has begun!

Last edited by CoweyB; Aug 12, 2022 at 9:38 am
Old Aug 12, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
No lounge at OTP for the return, and if you queue for check in you'll get a miserly 52 RON voucher supposedly for Brioche d'Or or Peroni, though Peroni refused to take it and rumours are that where it is accepted it isn't for face value, just one snack and one drink.
becks1 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
No lounge at OTP for the return, and if you queue for check in you'll get a miserly 52 RON voucher supposedly for Brioche d'Or or Peroni, though Peroni refused to take it and rumours are that where it is accepted it isn't for face value, just one snack and one drink.
heh heh - this is my positioning flight for a trip in first to YVR so I’m grabbing a few hours sleep in the airport Hilton and back on the same plane back to LHR in the morning where I face the horrors of a 6 hour stay in the CCR. How boring is that… 😉
bisonrav and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I hear they do a very good marmite Martini these days........

Enjoy!
CoweyB likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I hear they do a very good marmite Martini these days........

Enjoy!

Do you think it could be one of my five a day…???
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:13 pm
Original Member

heh heh - this is my positioning flight for a trip in first to YVR so I’m grabbing a few hours sleep in the airport Hilton and back on the same plane back to LHR in the morning where I face the horrors of a 6 hour stay in the CCR. How boring is that… 😉
Can you let me know how Security was at OTP? Flying back next week on the 830am flight and trying to determine what time to get there (assuming I can check-in on the app). Thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
Can you let me know how Security was at OTP? Flying back next week on the 830am flight and trying to determine what time to get there (assuming I can check-in on the app). Thanks.
yes will do. I’ll be checking a bag in as well.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I was through OTP for the evening flight last Sunday and security and passport control was quiet. It can be a bit of a zoo in the mornings, you have to assert yourself into the security queue but you usually get through fairly fast. Check in with bags is strictly t-2, so that's the best you'll manage, with OLCI you can get in earlier but to be honest it's not an airport worth spending time in.

The hilton is a 5 minute walk, from arrivals it's round the pavement and eventually you get to a staircase down to a carpark, you walk down through that to a roundabout and service station, you can cut across a grassy space to the left of that to the hotel. You can also go down a level to departures and do more of the walk inside the terminal.
becks1 and Radiation Station like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.