Wiki Posts
Search

Smoke from BA plane in CPH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, Flying Blue Gold, AClub Gold
Smoke from BA plane in CPH

The bad news keeps coming: Apparently there was smoking from the wheels or engines after a BA plane landed in CPH tonight. News (in Danish but with picture): https://nyheder.tv2.dk/live/2022-07-...#entry=3810290
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, LH Senator, Flying Blue Gold, AClub Gold
Ba821 cph-lhr
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:57 pm

TarquinMontague likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:05 pm

Well that will take some clean up. Right up the jet pipe Safety first though, always!
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:15 pm

That'll be a major clean - wouldn't think that airframe won't be going anywhere soon. Night in CPH beckons, me feels.

See:

Inaugural Virgin Atlantic flight to Atlanta cancelled after 'water cannon salute' is swapped for foam and clogs engines
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:40 pm

Now gone tech and TECY. No surprise really, I foresee a compressor wash coming up.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:37 pm

Gotta say, that's not a sight that you want to see as a passenger on the flight you are about to board...

... but much better that it happened on the tarmac and (presumably) without passengers onboard, than while airborne.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by squawk
Gotta say, that's not a sight that you want to see as a passenger on the flight you are about to board...

... but much better that it happened on the tarmac and (presumably) without passengers onboard, than while airborne.
I know people who were on this flight. The media is making it look worse that it really was. Brakes overheated on landing. Hydraulic line caught on fire.

The biggest problem is that everyone had to leave without their luggage because the plane is sealed. They have to go back tomorrow to claim their bags.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
I know people who were on this flight. The media is making it look worse that it really was. Brakes overheated on landing. Hydraulic line caught on fire.

The biggest problem is that everyone had to leave without their luggage because the plane is sealed. They have to go back tomorrow to claim their bags.
My impression is based on the video in that tweet, rather than “the media”, and was not based on an assessment of the actual level of danger (or not) of this incident.

My point was simply that I think the vast majority of people, most of whom do not have an aviation background or specific knowledge, would likely get quite nervous if they were waiting at the gate and saw smoke coming from the engine area of their plane followed by the arrival of a fire appliance and the generous application of foam.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
One positive is that it will be the first BA plane since before Covid to potentially be cleaned
SheepyAFC, nilsfr69 and squawk like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.