Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Open Jaw tickets booked with a BA Amex 2-4-1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Hi there,
I believe you can use an Amex 2-4-1 to book an Open Jaw ticket ex- London on BA. I believe there is some sort of formula regarding sector lengths, can anyone remind me what it is? I think (but please correct me) that sector Lon-destination A, land transfer destination from Destination A to destination B and then Destination B to London are involved such that Lon -destination A must be longer than destination A to destination B and destination B to London.

I do hope I have described my question accurately and apologies in advance for any confusion. Am looking at London -Tokyo by air, Sea transfer Tokyo - Vancouver then Vancouver -London by air.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Coates55
Hi there,
I believe you can use an Amex 2-4-1 to book an Open Jaw ticket ex- London on BA. I believe there is some sort of formula regarding sector lengths, can anyone remind me what it is? I think (but please correct me) that sector Lon-destination A, land transfer destination from Destination A to destination B and then Destination B to London are involved such that Lon -destination A must be longer than destination A to destination B and destination B to London.

I do hope I have described my question accurately and apologies in advance for any confusion. Am looking at London -Tokyo by air, Sea transfer Tokyo - Vancouver then Vancouver -London by air.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
As per open jaws the distance between the two destinations cant be more than the longer of your two flights.
jerry a. laska likes this.

Last edited by Anonba; Apr 22, 2021 at 10:52 am
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The excellent Wiki answers this and most other queries:

BA American Express companion voucher | master thread - FlyerTalk Forums

Q: Can I book an open-jaw trip using the voucher?
A: You can, but you will need to call BA. For the trip to be valid, the length of the surface sector must be shorter than either of the flown journeys. If you want to fly from LHR to AAA and from BBB back to LHR, then the LHR-AAA and BBB-LHR distances must both be greater than the distance between AAA and BBB.
jerry a. laska and Anonba like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The distance of the open jaw (in your example A - B) must be less than the distance from LHR-A and the distance B-LHR.

From the wiki of the Amex 241 thread:
Q: Can I book an open-jaw trip using the voucher?
A: You can, but you will need to call BA. For the trip to be valid, the length of the surface sector must be shorter than either of the flown journeys. If you want to fly from LHR to AAA and from BBB back to LHR, then the LHR-AAA and BBB-LHR distances must both be greater than the distance between AAA and BBB.
BA American Express companion voucher | master thread
Anonba likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their quick replies- very helpful and apologies that this answer was already available in the relevant Wiki

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.