Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 arrivals experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2021, 4:06 am
MJA
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat & Partner Gold, QF Life Gold, SPG Gold , Hilton Gold, CO, MH, VS Gold, Hyatt Plat
T5 arrivals experiences

Hi All

has anyone arrived at T5 over the last couple of weeks? I’m arriving on Friday at 6.20am on the JAL flight and wondered what the immigration queue / wait time is like?

I’m assuming Fast Track is a covid casualty....
Old Apr 14, 2021, 4:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Lots of people have arrived and it has often not been a great experience. See the thread in the UK forum.

See here:

Heathrow Airport seven-hour queues 'inhumane' at arrivals

Last edited by Prospero; Apr 14, 2021 at 5:22 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old Apr 14, 2021, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I saw reports two days ago of seven hours for arrivals at T2 - the queues looked balmy
SxMan likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
I arrived at 7am April 10th expecting the worse, it was empty and through in less than 5 mins, bags took an hour though.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 3:08 pm

It’s still being reported (see below). Based on the alerts my OH is seeing, early morning and late evening are the worst times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56743571
Old Apr 14, 2021, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have arrived back in the UK several times since January, all early morning (06:00-07:30) and had no issues at T5. I think the longest I waited was about 10 minutes.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
I arrived back via T5 on a Wednesday afternoon (1pm) and there was no queue for border control. I was through in 5 minutes with a few questions. To the best of my knowledge, all the horror stories involve T2.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Arrived at T5 the other week and it was fine, but not sure if that is because I was in 1A and therefore one of the first to disembark.

I had all the necessary documentation ready for Border Force so was straight through. Others who were not prepared were faffing around trying to find documentation and holding others up.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: Accor ALL Gold, BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
The issues with queuing seem to be in T2 more than T5.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I have arrived back in the UK several times since January, all early morning (06:00-07:30) and had no issues at T5. I think the longest I waited was about 10 minutes.
Thanks, nice to know. Pass through next Wednesday mid morning, hopefully my experience will be the same!
BingBongBoy likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Originally Posted by Paren
Arrived at T5 the other week and it was fine, but not sure if that is because I was in 1A and therefore one of the first to disembark..
Mods, please move to the DYKWIA thread

Paren and scoonee like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Paren
Arrived at T5 the other week and it was fine, but not sure if that is because I was in 1A and therefore one of the first to disembark.

I had all the necessary documentation ready for Border Force so was straight through. Others who were not prepared were faffing around trying to find documentation and holding others up.
My bolding - I think that is the key to a lot of it. Having everything ready to get through quickly. I have a whole stack of things, the usual test certificates, company travel letters, locator form, crew ID etc. and always have them all there, ready to hard over and still see people rummaging through bags and folders to find things. In no way am I defending the shower of poop on some days, but many times, it is lack of preparedness of those seeking entry which holds people up.
dwugson, Paren and PUCCI GALORE like this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:32 am
MJA
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat & Partner Gold, QF Life Gold, SPG Gold , Hilton Gold, CO, MH, VS Gold, Hyatt Plat
Update

For anyone that’s interested....arrived at 6.20 this morning at T5. Border control were pretty fast (as was said above, people with their documents in order sailed through in a minute or so).

Added to JAL’s focus on fast bag delivery, I was out getting a cab within 30 mins of the doors opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.