Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checked in but did not check in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Checked in but did not check in?

I'm normally an AA flyer and it was about 18 months since my last UA flight, so apologies if this has been discussed or does not belong here.

I recently flew from IND - EWR in United First. 24 hours prior to my flight, I went to check in and found my boarding pass already available in the United app. I had assumed that I'd need to at least agree to the TSA stuff and presumably all the COVID stuff that AA now requires, but there wasn't even a check in button, just a boarding pass option and my pass was waiting there! I am 100% positive I never checked in.

Is this a glitch? Did someone steal my password and check me in? Is this just some strange new COVID policy?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA MM
I was flying yesterday and had to check in on the app in order to get it to show my BPs. Some time ago there was an option to automatically check in on the return flight, but I think this has been gone for some time now?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Outbound or return?

Was this your outbound or your return leg?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeamusSA
Was this your outbound or your return leg?
It was my outbound leg. Return leg check in was normal.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
in all of my flying on UA (even during the pandemic) over the past few years I have never seen this.

Yes, the auto check-in option is gone. I hope they aren't "trialing" some new auto check-in and OP was a victim of it.

-RM
Kmxu likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a same day round trip a couple weeks ago I think. At 24 hours for the outbound, I checked in for that flight and emailed the BP to myself (received one BP). Later, I went to check in for the return and found that the app already had my boarding pass for it. I know I did not check in manually for the return. The sequence number was low (<20) which make it seem likely that I got checked in right at 24h for the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.