Wiki Posts
Search

AA Adds 787-9 to Seasonal DFW-ANC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2021, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

AA Adds 787-9 to Seasonal DFW-ANC

From June 3 to August 16. As noted, AA used a 788 last year, but this is the first time using the 789. The route switches back to an A321neo in August, and the route is extended until Jan.4.

It will interesting to see if AS elites get complimentary access to the Premium Economy (a step above Main Cabin Extra) seats on this flight.

American Airlines Adds Boeing 787-9 Flights To Alaska | Airways Magazine
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
That's good news! It's too bad they never seem to have saver space in first class on that route, at least when they operated a 787 before.

As for premium economy, it depends if they sell it as premium economy. If they sell it, then no access. If they don't sell it then it's just like regular main cabin extra seating in terms of being able to pick it. So once AS elites have access to MCE, they'd be able to choose those seats. Service would be the same as regular MCE.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by dayone
From June 3 to August 16. As noted, AA used a 788 last year, but this is the first time using the 789. The route switches back to an A321neo in August, and the route is extended until Jan.4.

It will interesting to see if AS elites get complimentary access to the Premium Economy (a step above Main Cabin Extra) seats on this flight.

American Airlines Adds Boeing 787-9 Flights To Alaska | Airways Magazine
Actually AA used the 787 to ANC in 2019, not 2020 😎

Regardless, nice to see it back on the route. Definitely the nicest way to get to ANC if you’re coming from the central or eastern time zone.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
This is welcoming news. Like the fact AA extends the seasonal schedule to Jan 4
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:49 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Fantastic

Oh man, this is great news. ANC-DFW/DAL is my most common route.
While I don't care for the departure time ex-ANC, I'll certainly make good use of the westbound nonstops during the Holiday season, whereas previously that wasn't an option after summer tourism was over.
The 789 will look great at the B gates! Though there's nowhere near enough seating in the rotunda for a 789 worth of PAX, much less that, two Delta 757's, Two United 757's, etc etc.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 10:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
For those hoping to book this flight and select PE seats on an economy fare don't forget you will likely be earning 25% EQM.

James
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
I just tried a dummy booking to see about PE. I am Platinum so I can book MCE with a booking. I am planning an Alaska trip this summer, but expect to go to FAI. The price difference was $357 or $1038 (DFW-ANC, RT Jun 17-22). I chose economy to see what it would take me to for seat selection and it allowed me to choose free MCE seats in PE the way it does on other domestic fares on Dreamliners and 777s, for example. That's a bummer as far as the EQDs and EQMs but nice as far as free seating.
anteater and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
theres also a 777 on DFW/SEA starting in a few weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.