Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Residence club presentations; worth dealing with? (Bonita Springs, FL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2021, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass

Hi all, curious how the experience goes with residence club presentations? I just received a promo for "Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation" for $299, gets me three nights and either $100 or 10k points. I'd take the points since the way I use them is often 3-5.5c redemption value. The property is on the long side of driving distance for me; few hours. Upsides; hey it's a free long weekend getaway. Downside, how bad is sitting through the presentation going to be? Also, from the photos online, it basically looks like staying in an apartment building with a lazy river, so I'm still on the fence on whether it's even worth the hassle of driving. Haven't done enough research yet to see if there's more to the property than just the lazy river, as I don't play golf and that was the only other real 'feature' in the brochure.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:05 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I've done the time share presentations at the HRC Maui and they were generally painless. Our last one was advertised as 90 minutes, but we were done, or more accurately, the salesman was done with us in less than an hour. We made it clear we weren't going to purchase any points (which was what they were pushing as deeded properties are no longer available) and while the salesman went through the motions, I'm sure he wanted to move on to a better prospect. Interestingly, as we were finishing up, our salesman handed us off to another person who offered us a return visit to the HRC. I thought it was very generous - 7 nights in a 2 bedroom unit + rental car for the week for $699 - but we had to do it within a year and I couldn't commit to that.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Yeah, if it said Maui or Aspen I'd be all over it.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The key is how much you value your time and how firm you are prepared to me.

Most people are polite and hate to say "no" to someone's face. But, that just keeps the scam going. If you do this, make it clear from the very start that you have no intention of spending a nickel. No commissioned salesperson will waste their time on you. Then it's a matter of blocking the spam when you get home.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
The key is: make it clear from the very start that you have no intention of spending a nickel.
Always remember this, otherwise you will waste their time, and that's very very disrespectful
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Do these stays pass through your Hyatt account as normal, earning points and elite nights?

And more importantly, triggering the HRC brand for the free night for 5 brands?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:50 am
skj

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Do these stays pass through your Hyatt account as normal, earning points and elite nights?

And more importantly, triggering the HRC brand for the free night for 5 brands?
No, and no. The terms of these sales promotions explicitly exclude any WoH benefits. The sole exception is some offers include bonus points as part of the package.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I think I'm going to pass on this one. The property doesn't look all that exciting so I'll wait for Aspen or Hawaii :-)
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
I am thinking about this offer too, since I am planning to spend some time in Sarasota, Bonita Springs is not too far from there, and I have wanted to explore the area further south and maybe go to Sanibel/Captiva and/or Marco Islands.

Does anyone know if the payment would earn 4X if using the World of Hyatt credit card, or do the HRC promotions get processed through a company that is not considered part of Hyatt?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:02 am
skj

Originally Posted by needtoescape
I am thinking about this offer too, since I am planning to spend some time in Sarasota, Bonita Springs is not too far from there, and I have wanted to explore the area further south and maybe go to Sanibel/Captiva and/or Marco Islands.

Does anyone know if the payment would earn 4X if using the World of Hyatt credit card, or do the HRC promotions get processed through a company that is not considered part of Hyatt?
The merchant for my payment was HYATT VACATION MARKETING and it did get the bonus points. This was 3 years ago, so things may be different now ...
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by skj
The merchant for my payment was HYATT VACATION MARKETING and it did get the bonus points. This was 3 years ago, so things may be different now ...
Thanks, skj. I believe that Marriott Vacations purchased ILG (the previous owner of the Hyatt Residence Club) in April 2018, which is almost three years ago. Do you happen to recall if your transaction was before or after that acquisition? I realize that the change in HRC ownership may not be the deciding factor in how the transaction is coded.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 12:04 pm
skj

Originally Posted by needtoescape
Thanks, skj. I believe that Marriott Vacations purchased ILG (the previous owner of the Hyatt Residence Club) in April 2018, which is almost three years ago. Do you happen to recall if your transaction was before or after that acquisition? I realize that the change in HRC ownership may not be the deciding factor in how the transaction is coded.
The ILG acquisition closed in September 2018 and my stay was before then. Hopefully someone with more recent experience will chime in ...
needtoescape likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Small data point, I paid my annual maintenance fee on my HRC timeshare earlier this year on the Hyatt card and got the 4x points.
needtoescape likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:55 am

Charges posting as Hyatt

Does anyone know if the payment would earn 4X if using the World of Hyatt credit card, or do the HRC promotions get processed through a company that is not considered part of Hyatt?[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by skj
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Small data point, I paid my annual maintenance fee on my HRC timeshare earlier this year on the Hyatt card and got the 4x points.
Updating my question from last week for anyone else who may be interested, I paid the deposit for the Bonita Springs presentation last Friday by phone using my World of Hyatt credit card, and as others noted in their responses and Hyatt timeshare phone reps also stated, the transaction posted as a Hyatt charge and should earn 4x on the WoH card. My charge showed as:

Description: HYATT VACATION MARKETING
Also known as: Hyatt
Merchant type: HYATT HOTELS
skj and CoffeeTraveler like this.

Last edited by needtoescape; Apr 5, 2021 at 7:57 am Reason: formatting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.