Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Calling You First for a cancelled itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)

Very quick question, I cancelled a First Class redemption via You First about four weeks ago, and within minutes received the Avios and 2 4 1 voucher back in my account. The agent said the cash element would be refunded in about two weeks. So far, I haven’t received the refund. Am I able to contact Your First again to chase it up, or do I need to call the regular number and wait in the queue ? As it turns out I have a second query re a BA Holidays booking, so my need to do that in case, but there is no rush for that one.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just call and find out?!
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
When I called You First over a mistaken cancellation of a booking, I had ro be passed to BA Holidays as it had a Car Rental involved. It took many attempts on various occasions, by telephone and via Twitter, to get BA’s error rectified. About a month, spanning Christmas and New Year. At least the final Agent admitted it was all BA’s fault ... following a simple seat change after an airframe substitution!
Old Jan 25, 2021, 2:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
Very quick question, I cancelled a First Class redemption via You First about four weeks ago, and within minutes received the Avios and 2 4 1 voucher back in my account. The agent said the cash element would be refunded in about two weeks. So far, I haven’t received the refund. Am I able to contact Your First again to chase it up, or do I need to call the regular number and wait in the queue ? As it turns out I have a second query re a BA Holidays booking, so my need to do that in case, but there is no rush for that one.
You are entitled to call YouFirst as it's related to a question about a booking in First.
chris1922Mk2 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Originally Posted by golfmad
You are entitled to call YouFirst as it's related to a question about a booking in First.
I can confirm that is correct, having experienced the same issues first hand. Unfortunately the replacement flights (JNB in March) are probably going to be off the agenda, I'm not sure I fancy £1,500 to stay in a best western for 10 days on my return.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks for responses, I called yesterday and the agent was more than happy to help me, after I said it was re a cancelled itinerary. She correctly guessed it was about a refund. She informed me my refund had been processed, and right enough it arrived on my AMEX card this morning. Three weeks to the day after I cancelled.
In other news, I had a very short wait time on the regular number yesterday, and was transferred to BA Holidays who also answered quickly.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 4:33 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2

took me almost 2 months to get my taxes back, you might want to wait a couple of weeks the call just to jog BAs memory
Old Jan 27, 2021, 4:34 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Ignore my previous post, you are either lucky or BA have speeded up the refund process
Old Feb 14, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
I am getting ready to cancel an Award Reservation using a 2-4-1 from Chase Bank. If I cancel will the expiration date for the 2-4-1 be extended or will it expire on the original expiration date?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 11:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by geezersrule
I am getting ready to cancel an Award Reservation using a 2-4-1 from Chase Bank. If I cancel will the expiration date for the 2-4-1 be extended or will it expire on the original expiration date?
you should be able to see whether the voucher has already been extended. Have a look in your “my evouchers” section of your account and it should show even if it is currently being used.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:55 pm

Thanks KARFA

KARFA...thanks for trying to help but I cannot find that my 2-4-1 is showing up on BA.COM. to see if it has been extended.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by geezersrule
KARFA...thanks for trying to help but I cannot find that my 2-4-1 is showing up on BA.COM. to see if it has been extended.
Have you tried the route that's mentioned in the Amex 2-4-1 wikipost? I know that yours isn't an Amex voucher, but it may be the right place on ba.com to be looking for yours:
Q: If I have already used a 2-4-1 voucher, can I still find out what its expiry date is?
A: Yes. Log in to your BAEC account, and then go to the eVouchers page. This will list the details of all relevant vouchers. The details include the expiry date of each voucher, and for vouchers that have been used, the reference of the booking on which it has been used, so that you can see which voucher was used on which booking.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 8:48 am

Thanks Globaliser...your suggestion worked like a charm.
Globaliser likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 12:19 pm

Just checked and noticed that a 241 voucher (currently sitting in a booking) that was due to expire in October 21 now has 6 months added to it so looks like BA have extended the expiry dates again. This is great as wanted to push this out to next year.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Yes, all vouchers expiring in 2021 have been extended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.