Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Significant Schedule Changes Loaded to Sabre November 22, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

Checking my reservations for January and February, I'm seeing some significant schedle changes loaded over the weekend. These include a continued reduction of transcons between NYC/LAX and SFO including going to the 777-200 again. I'm also seeing some reductions out of EGE and flights to LAX to HNL going from A321 to A321 Neo (along with a reduction in frequency).
FlyingEgghead likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I'm also seeing ORD to HNL not loaded for some dates in February.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Looks like they straight up cancelled nonstop service from DCA-ATL until February.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:42 am

Any significant international route schedule changes?
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by leemair23
Any significant international route schedule changes?
In early Feb the latest flight leaving LHR is at like 12:35.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA and AS did large schedule cuts over the weekend for flights from Jan 5th to Feb 10th. These monthly cuts generally involve the domestic schedule where cuts are made within a window and flights beyond that window are largely similar to pre-Covid schedules. DL did their big cuts for January and February a week ago, but they extend through Mar 1st instead of just going through Feb 10th. UA has yet to load their big cuts for Jan/Feb flights. You will be able see all the AA/AS cuts tomorrow morning with the weekly "OAG Changes" post on airliners.net. The differences in schedules after these cuts and the "placeholder" schedules beyond the cut window can be quite stark (as seen below).

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 23, 2020 at 10:33 am
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
I had to cancel our flights from LFT to STS on Feb. 2 and the return on Feb. 9 back to LFT from STS after AA cancelled several of our connecting flights, including LAX to STS and STS to DFW. Our new sched per AA did not include an originating flight from LFT to DFW and we would have had to spend the night in DFW on the return.

It currently appears that AA Eagle is down to just one flight a day into Santa Rosa on those dates with just a single PHX - STS roundtrip.

Last edited by jlemon; Nov 23, 2020 at 5:52 pm
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
MDE-MIA disappeared from my December reservation, but I received no notification from AA. It appears they are still for sale online, too. I wonder how long it takes for them to be pulled from inventory on .com.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
My MIA-LAX nonstops had a lot of changes for January
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
My DFW-SAN connection from a LHR-DFW originating flight had some slight changes. The DFW flight now departs 14 mins earlier (not an issue as my layover is 3hs+), but the arrival into SAN is now landing 12 mins later than originally scheduled. No biggie, but I was surprised to see a flight that is usually blocked out for less than 3hrs, now be extended to 3hrs and 24 mins. It’s not as if the skies are packed and they need to build in a buffer for ATC delays.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Summary of January/February schedule changes over the weekend -- https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...?f=3&t=1454491
DFW-SAN went from 10x daily (pre-Covid schedule) to 6x daily. Note that February was only updated to Feb 10th and there will most certainly be further cuts in Feb once they update the schedule past the 10th.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
The January SFO schedule sucks. On Tue/Wed the last SFO-DFW leaves at 10AM. In fact, the only flights after 10AM are:

10:22 LAX
11:22 MIA
16:00 PHX
21:31 JFK

I'm going to speculate that the SFO Admirals Club will start closing at Noon.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
No MIA-MCO-MIA flights on Tuesdays? Is this seriously a thing or some kind of glitch?
Old Dec 2, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
No MIA-MCO-MIA flights on Tuesdays? Is this seriously a thing or some kind of glitch?
Tuesday flights have been cut on many routes, presumably due to low demand.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aacar
Tuesday flights have been cut on many routes, presumably due to low demand.
CUN from ORD and MIA was also cut on Tuesday which is a shame because my company has “no meeting Tuesdays“

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.