Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonvoy enhancement?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bonvoy enhancement? Ascenda

frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2020/09/marriott-to-expand-bonvoy-guest-loyalty-program-with-new-benefits/

I just saw this: Bonvoy is to *add* new benefits benefits by partnering with Ascenda: more ways to earn and redeem points.

Has anyone seen any details? In fact, what is Ascenda?
Marriott to Expand Bonvoy Guest Loyalty Program with New Benefits | Frequent Business Traveler
Ascenda

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 23, 2020 at 9:42 am
Old Sep 23, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Ascenda seems to be some kind of loyalty consulting group from what I gather on here. They appear to offer software solutions for loyalty programs.

Seems to be more back-end related than something that will actually change the user experience.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah doesn't seem to be anything that will actually benefit us as customers/guests at hotels. Its a back end system that will make it easier for them to consolidate data and analyze the program for corporate and hotel benefit, not us.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bonvoy!
SPN Lifer, cmd320 and xexs like this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Sounds like wonderful news! 😁😍😊🥰😎😜😛🤤
Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Per some brief Googling (other search engines are available) this is what I've found:-
  • Ascenda has a facility called TransferConnect which is marketed as a 'Loyalty Currency' Exchange Network, the purpose of which is to make it easier for various loyalty schemes to exchange 'points' with each other or with merchants/suppliers of 'Experiences' etc.
  • Marriott Bonvoy will be plugged in to this TransferConnect network, with the goal of scaling up the number of partners with whom one can earn/redeem/transfer points.
  • Ascenda are based in Singapore and a number of Far East based Credit Card loyalty schemes use the TransferConnect system.
  • To the ordinary consumer, the Ascenda name won't be familiar but they operate the Kaligo.com hotel booking platform which some people will have heard of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.