Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

75% point bonus on purchased points (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Email received today. I've never seen an offer even close to this before. The closest previous offer was 70%, back in 2016 (when points redemptions were cheaper). Effective point cost is 1.57 cents. I suspect point sales are way down, and I fear that a devaluation may be coming (although that seems less likely in the short term). I, like many, am sitting on a ton of points right now, making this offer somewhat irrelevant.

Rapid Rewards® Points Offer Terms and Conditions:

Offer is valid between September 18, 2020, 12:00:01 a.m. CT and September 28, 2020, 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Rapid Rewards® Member will get 75% more points as a bonus when the Member purchases or gifts the minimum amount of Rapid Rewards points specified on the landing page once the Member logs in to their account. Transfer point purchases are not included in this offer. A valid credit card is required to purchase or gift points. Points can be purchased and gifted in blocks of 1,000 and a daily maximum of 60,000 points can be purchased by a Member with no annual maximum. Transactions are non-refundable and non-reversible. Offer is only valid for Member receiving this email. Purchased and gifted points do not count towards A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Prices are in U.S. dollars and include all applicable taxes. Prices for the purchase and gifting of points are only valid while a Member is currently logged in to Southwest.com® and such prices are subject to change. Please allow up to 72 hours for points to post to the applicable Rapid Rewards account. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for a particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and is subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed.

The account information in this email is only an estimate for a specific point in time. Please reference your Rapid Rewards account on Southwest.com® for the most up-to-date information on available points, tier status, including tier qualifying points or flights, and Companion Pass qualifying points or flights.

All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply.

Last edited by ursine1; Sep 21, 2020 at 12:49 pm Reason: corrected previous offer info, thanks nsx!
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:41 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
There was a brief 70 percent offer: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26850496-post121.html

Redemptions cost 72 points per dollar of fare back then, making it a comparable value to this offer.
ursine1 and steved5480 like this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Just saw an ad for the offer pop up in my Facebook feed; it may not be targeted.

Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:16 pm

Jeez, that did put a bit of devaluation fear in my heart.

Makes it hard to consider using the hotel portal - my estimation of guaranteed value just got a bit squishier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.