Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat selection wrong - keeps staying wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

On August 27th I fly BA0099 LHR-YYZ. I made a seat selection that had little leg room (because my employer only pays for the cheapest flight selection), and then had to call BA on Skype last Thursday (and waited 42 minutes for help) to select an exit row window seat. 30K was selected and paid for at a cost of 58 GBP. No issue as WT+ was too expensive in these unprecedented times. Later, I checked MMB and the seat was there. All was well - I thought.

Today, I went to MMB, and there was no seat on my flight! Thus, I called on Skype again (from Doha, Qatar) and waited over 30 minutes to have a very nice CS agent put my seat back in. Once again it was the RH exit row window seat 30K. BUT, when I went to MMB there was no seat! Grrr I thought.

An hour later, I went to MMB and seat 31K was there, but the CS lady put in the 30K that I paid for. What is going on? The metal is supposed to be a 789. The seatmap shows 30K is the RH exit row, window seat that I paid for. I have the BA receipt. But 31K keeps showing up. Is the 789 metal, and thus the seatmap I am looking at wrong?

What do you suggest I do to have correct selected seat allocation? I wrote to BAEC help/support and the automated reply said to wait 4 or ? days.
Thanks for info.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
I would try their twitter team, they're always super helpful with stuff like this! Might take a day or two for them to get back to you given the amount of queries they are getting at the minute,
Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

It's definitely a 789 (EF and ba.com) and the only exit seat taken is 30C. Not sure what's happened and 30K is still available as though it's free.

Good suggestion by peter.r.eskine there. I'm sure there was a thread a while ago about seats not 'sticking' so I'll have a browse, not that it helps you but may explain possibly why.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
I would try their twitter team, they're always super helpful with stuff like this! Might take a day or two for them to get back to you given the amount of queries they are getting at the minute,
Sorry, but I don't use Twitter - only Facebook, email, and voice calls.
Do they have a Facebook site?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tmac100
An hour later, I went to MMB and seat 31K was there, but the CS lady put in the 30K that I paid for. What is going on? The metal is supposed to be a 789. The seatmap shows 30K is the RH exit row, window seat that I paid for. I have the BA receipt. But 31K keeps showing up. Is the 789 metal, and thus the seatmap I am looking at wrong?

What do you suggest I do to have correct selected seat allocation? I wrote to BAEC help/support and the automated reply said to wait 4 or ? days.
If the contact centre agent said you are now in 30K then you are, it's not unprecedented for the Amadeus Seating map to show something that the agent is able to over-ride and then doesn't show back on your GUI. In this scenario you would see the correct seating either at T-72 hrs or at OLCI.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Have you checked on a different device? Laptop maybe? It may be an app refresh issue??
Old Aug 12, 2020, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Taking this thread's advice, I logged in to my laptop this time. I just checked on ba.com and went to MMB, and sure enough the seat is still 31K. Yes, in looking at the seat map on expertflyer 30K is blocked - maybe that is why I paid 58 GBP for it.

As I have this BA flight as a connection with a QR flight (DOH-LHR), when I check this same booking on the QR MMB page, seat 31K also shows up as confirmed.

Obviously using a different computer makes no difference. I will wait for my email complaint to get answered. Mind you, I will take a print out of my booking and the receipt. The receipt unfortunately, does not show the seat selected.

Last edited by tmac100; Aug 12, 2020 at 7:34 am
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Now, on Thursday morning my seat 31K has suddenly changed to 31A.

This has happened since I have been waiting (for 47 minutes now) on a call to the BA help center. The seat I paid for (58 GBP) is supposed to be 30K. Finally got thru after 52 minutes on Skype, and the lady could not hear me. Sheesh!

Unprecedented is an understatement. Happily BA flights, take offs and landings still occur safely, and flights into LHR do land there, and not in London Ontario, Canada, or (East) London, South Africa.

Last edited by tmac100; Aug 13, 2020 at 4:28 am
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Now the call center put me in 30A. Maybe that seat will stay as "confirmed". I made a copy of the page showing seats, flights, etc, and will carry it on the trip.

Hopefully this is the end of these "unprecedented" computer issues.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Now the call center put me in 30A. Maybe that seat will stay as "confirmed". I made a copy of the page showing seats, flights, etc, and will carry it on the trip.

Hopefully this is the end of these "unprecedented" computer issues.
Fingers crossed that 30A sticks for you
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01
Fingers crossed that 30A sticks for you
Thank you. I hope this final "confirmation" holds true until I finally sit in 30A on that flight in 2 weeks.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If the contact centre agent said you are now in 30K then you are, it's not unprecedented for the Amadeus Seating map to show something that the agent is able to over-ride and then doesn't show back on your GUI. In this scenario you would see the correct seating either at T-72 hrs or at OLCI.
I would disagree if seat 30k was booked it should show 30k in MMB.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anonba
I would disagree if seat 30k was booked it should show 30k in MMB.
Say what you want.
1. Seat 30K was booked, and paid for (as an exit row seat) on August 6th. I saw 30K on MMB.
2. On August 11th or 12th, I noticed on MMB that the seat was changed back to 31K. I called the BA help center number in UK, and after a wait of 42 minutes, I spoke with a lady and she once again changed 31K to 30K. After an hour 30K showed on MMB - but it did not stay at 30K.
3. Today, I noticed the booked seat reverted back to 31K, so I called on Skype again. During the 52 minute wait (on hold) I kept monitoring my MMB, and SUDDENLY the seat changed to 31A. I was cut off on Skype, and had to call again.
4. On the next call on Skype, the fellow who helped said something was wrong with seat 30K, so I took 30A. In about 20 minutes it (30A) appeared on the BA MMB. However, 30A appeared on the Qatar Airways MMB in about 10 minutes.
5. I just checked on the BA MMB site and the 30A seat is still there.
6. We are all entitled to our personal version of someone else's reality. I have stated what my reality was (and is) regarding my booked seat on the August 27th BA0099 flight.

Last edited by tmac100; Aug 13, 2020 at 7:48 am
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm not sure that a print-out will help if you've been moved again and someone else's boarding pass says 30A.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’d chill out! Most likely the cabin will be dead and you can stretch out where you want and get three seats to yourself.

Don’t waste your time and energy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.