Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

15-25% point rebate on WOH award stays through (Jan 4) plus free parking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
When will my 15% (/25% for WOH card holders) rebate post?

Rebates usually post every Monday/Tuesday and cover stays where the stay posts (/shows up in your account) by Sunday.

This is a rebate and not a discount - you will have to pay the full points amount up front and then wait for the rebate points to be credited after check out date.

The rebate promotion applies for stays with a checkout date up to and including 2/28/21.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2020, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Looks like it is valid for all members, 15% rebate if you are not a CC holder, 25% if you are a CC holder. Good on stays through October 8th, including previously booked ones (although checkout must be by October 8). Looks like it is good on up to 30,000 points per transaction (double that for cardholders' extra 10% rebate), so redemptions up to 200k points qualify for the full rebate. Must register by September 1st:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-offer-US.html

Also, free parking is included on award stays when it can be charged to the hotel; Globalists get free parking on paid rates as well (I think any rate that qualifies for WOH credit). Parking is good for most but not all hotels (the standard outliers like SLH and mLife are not included).

EDIT: Appears to be more than just award stays that qualify, it applies to "Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, FIND experiences and Lindblad excursions"

Last edited by lowfareair; Jul 8, 2020 at 8:30 am
Old Jul 8, 2020, 9:47 am

Per terms:

Only points redeemed between July 8 and October 8, 2020 (“Promotion Period”) will be eligible for this promotion.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Per terms:
Yea so checkin today or after today, checkout on October 8th or before
JackE likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troopers
Per terms:
Per FAQ:

7. If I previously booked a stay using points and my checkout date falls within the promotional time period, will it count?

Yes, as long as the member or cardmember successfully registers for the promotion by September 30, 2020, their redemption stay will count and they will earn Bonus Points back if they check out between July 8 and October 8, 2020.
I think the registration date is incorrect, but it does say that previously booked stays apply. Also interesting as I've never seen retroactive registration like this before:
8. If I complete a stay during the offer dates but before registering for the promotion, will it count?

Yes, as long as the member or cardmember successfully registers for the promotion by September 1, 2020, their redemption stay will count if their check-in and checkout dates fall between July 8 and October 8, 2020.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to add that if you haven't had a stay in the past several weeks and have no upcoming stays either, the current promo for 2,500 points for an elite member's first stay June 15-Sep 15 will likely stack with the 25% back, making a one night stay at a Cat 1 only 1,250 points and a cat 2 only 3,500 points.
Brendan and DaveH like this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by lowfareair

EDIT: Appears to be more than just award stays that qualify, it applies to "Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies, FIND experiences and Lindblad excursions"
Wow, that makes a dining+spa redemption tempting for WOH card holders. 48,750 points for $1,000 credit or $.0205/point value. Just need to find a property that isn't severely limited in options during the promotion period.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I’m guessing them saying “Free Night Awards” isn’t to be taken to mean using a Category 1-4 or 1-7 Certificate right? Like if you redeemed a Cat 1-4 at a Cat 4 property you wouldn’t get 2,250 (15%) or 3,750 (25%) back.

By “Free Night Awards” they mean Full Points bookings, not Free Night Certificates even though in WOH T&C they’re interchangeable.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’m guessing them saying “Free Night Awards” isn’t to be taken to mean using a Category 1-4 or 1-7 Certificate right? Like if you redeemed a Cat 1-4 at a Cat 4 property you wouldn’t get 2,250 (15%) or 3,750 (25%) back.

By “Free Night Awards” they mean Full Points bookings, not Free Night Certificates even though in WOH T&C they’re interchangeable.
Pretty sure you're right there.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Pretty sure you're right there.
Just wanted to clarify because the terms are interchangeable and in basically every Hyatt promo when it says includes “Free Night Awards” it means Category Certificates and Full Points Bookings.

I see this offer more as a halfway point to the changes they had planned to enact back in March with the “off peak” points bookings. As almost every property would now be “off peak” due to very low occupancy. The free parking is a nice touch, though I’ve heard most properties that previously charged for parking are not currently charging for parking.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:45 pm

Not sure if Hyatt thought this through or maybe they did, but a strict reading of the T&C would suggest GOH bookings would also qualify.

”3. What redemption options are eligible to earn points back?

All redemption options associated with a Hyatt stay are eligible to earn points back.”

Thoughts on this?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:47 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold

Did you look at the promotion ? It says "Redeem your points (bolding in the original) for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, toward room upgrades, dining and spa services, Exhale classes and spa therapies ..." How many points did you redeem for your Cat 1-4 or 1-7 award ?
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:58 pm

Not sure if Hyatt thought this through or maybe they did, but a strict reading of the T&C would suggest GOH bookings would also qualify.

All redemption options associated with a Hyatt stay are eligible to earn points back.”

Thoughts on this?
It sounds like it would work, I just wonder who gets the bonus points you or the GOH lol. Something I would ask My Hyatt Concierge
Old Jul 8, 2020, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by parrotheadmjb
It sounds like it would work, I just wonder who gets the bonus points you or the GOH lol. Something I would ask My Hyatt Concierge
Well the terms above it make it sound like they’d go to the person actually redeeming the points. I just don’t think Hyatt thought that part through, or maybe they did who knows.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thoughts on this?
I've gotten points back on GOH stays in previous similar promos. I don't really see anything surprising about that.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I have a stay next week using 2 Cat 1-4 certs at a Cat 4 hotel. I need to consider changing them to points stays. That'll save me 7,500 points.

Just read the T&C. Free parking for Globalists on an Eligible Rate is added valuable bonus.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by CIT85; Jul 8, 2020 at 6:11 pm Reason: Free paring for Globalists

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.