Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Announces Increased Flight Schedules (Published 7 Jun 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Announces Increased Flight Schedules (Published 7 Jun 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow AA Announces Increased Flight Schedules (Published 7 Jun 2020)

“FORT WORTH, Texas — American Airlines Group Inc. (NASDAQ: AAL) is getting ready for summer travel by restoring more flights, offering double AAdvantage® miles for flights booked in June, re-opening key Admirals Club lounges, expanding flexible policies and continuing its robust health, well-being and cleaning procedures.

Customer Demand Leads to More Domestic Flying in July

In response to improving demand for air travel, American is planning to fly 55% of its domestic schedule and nearly 20% of its international schedule in July 2020 compared to the same period last year. The airline’s July systemwide capacity amounts to approximately 40% of July 2019 flying.” Link

International Demand Slower to Return

While international demand continued to be diminished, today marked the return of service to eight international destinations. These include service from Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) to Amsterdam (AMS), Paris (CDG) and Frankfurt (FRA), as well as service from Miami (MIA) to Antigua (ANU) in the Caribbean and Guayaquil (GYE) and Quito (UIO) in South America. American also restored additional service to London (LHR) from Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK).

American will delay the return of some previously announced international routes—including transatlantic service from Philadelphia (PHL) and CLT—to August. The airline will operate the following long-haul international flights in July:

View the updated schedules

New schedules to be published 7 Jun 2020
enviroian and ronp101 like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 4, 2020 at 9:05 am
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
I hope Jfk-lhr isn’t aa106
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:22 am
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Nephoi
I hope Jfk-lhr isn’t aa106
What does "through August 5th" mean? After this date it's scrapped or after this date frequency increases?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
What does "through August 5th" mean? After this date it's scrapped or after this date frequency increases?
as i understand it, it means "till" - so from July to August 5th its one flight per day. AFTER that, i could/should/would be more.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Interesting. The street likes this news, I guess - AAL stock is up 25% today.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
In hindsight, I think it ended up being a good decision that American decided to fill up their planes. They have proven that the vast majority of people don't expect social distancing on aircraft, and as long as everyone is wearing a mask, they'll travel. Most of the flights that I have been on have been quite full. Southwest and Delta have basically cornered themselves into only booking 50 to 60% of their seats. It has become a marketing issue, and if they abandon it now, it will make them look hypocritical. It's always been about marketing and never truly about safety. This gives American much more flexibility to get people where they need to go. From what I have read, it's a huge cluster over a Delta right now. Delta Flyers are upset with the onboard service and the lack of flight options. Flights are badly oversold and people simply cannot book flights to where they need to go. There are crazy long waits to talk to a person at Delta, and their website is worthless. I feel like American needs to aggressively restore service on planes, increase capacity, and continue to fill up their flights. If there was any magical way that they could get their staff together and create some consistency, they have the opportunity to come out of this in a much better position than when they went in.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
As imperfect as AA can be/is.....I have to say I’m very grateful for what they’ve been doing for us during all of this. Even based in NYC I have been largely been able to get around the AA system without 7 hour layovers or ridiculous overnight connections.....despite the large drawdown in NYC flying.

Plus the VIP service they’re providing for EPs (not to be expected all the time or in the longer term), better onboard service, rebooking and cancellation ease, and how appreciative the mainline staff are has reinforced my loyalty to AA.

I even got that famous bag of candy and thank you mints from the Elite Services agent in PHL recently

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jun 4, 2020 at 11:47 am
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
American really does have some of the best data analysts in the business. They bring them in and cultivate a culture of analysis. Hopefully, their July forecasts will work out for them. We shall certainly see by the end of summer.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
In hindsight, I think it ended up being a good decision that American decided to fill up their planes. They have proven that the vast majority of people don't expect social distancing on aircraft, and as long as everyone is wearing a mask, they'll travel. Most of the flights that I have been on have been quite full. Southwest and Delta have basically cornered themselves into only booking 50 to 60% of their seats. It has become a marketing issue, and if they abandon it now, it will make them look hypocritical. It's always been about marketing and never truly about safety. This gives American much more flexibility to get people where they need to go. From what I have read, it's a huge cluster over a Delta right now. Delta Flyers are upset with the onboard service and the lack of flight options. Flights are badly oversold and people simply cannot book flights to where they need to go. There are crazy long waits to talk to a person at Delta, and their website is worthless. I feel like American needs to aggressively restore service on planes, increase capacity, and continue to fill up their flights. If there was any magical way that they could get their staff together and create some consistency, they have the opportunity to come out of this in a much better position than when they went in.
Thanks for the info about Delta. I didn't realize that they had a mess, but did experience it. I have booked two family summer trips on American. I looked at Delta each time as well as we have some miles to burn on them. Each trip I wanted to book, I couldn't find any flights at all. I don't get on their board at all, but might just venture over there now for some reading.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:07 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Interesting. The street likes this news, I guess - AAL stock is up 25% today.
It went higher than 50% in mid afternoon trading (14:52 it was at $17.94 with an 11.85 close yesterday) before closing up over 41% at $16.72

Last edited by fastair; Jun 4, 2020 at 3:17 pm
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:59 am

They restarted flight 48 DFW-CDG yesterday. Any idea why they did that when France is closed to visitors? I have tickets on that flight June 15-30 and another July 23-Aug 5. I expected the first flight to be cancelled by AA because France will still be closed. Why fly to closed countries?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Thumbs up PHX- LHR

Surprised but happy it made the list!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
That schedule is not all inclusive. I am currently scheduled on LAX-LHR nonstops on 7/14&7/21 both of those flights are on AA metal and are loaded into the AA schedule. I confirmed that with exec plat call center. So my point is that LAX-LHR does have one daily non-stop operating in July.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tomj888
That schedule is not all inclusive. I am currently scheduled on LAX-LHR nonstops on 7/14&7/21 both of those flights are on AA metal and are loaded into the AA schedule. I confirmed that with exec plat call center. So my point is that LAX-LHR does have one daily non-stop operating in July.
You were provided incorrect information. AA will not be operating LAX-LHR in July, and your flights will likely be cancelled this weekend.
Nephoi, dciolli and largeeyes like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tomj888
The above schedule is to be loaded on Saturday night (tomorrow night). What is in there today may not be correct. I would check your flights again on Sunday afternoon to make sure they still exist.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.