Wiki Posts
Search

BA FA's at risk due to poor cabin hygiene

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
BA FA's at risk due to poor cabin hygiene

Apparently, FAs are now not comfortable flying airplanes that are not thou roughly cleaned between flights. They are also complaining about not having access to masks during flights.
Poor hygiene is coming to bite BA it seems.
https://www.thenational.scot/news/18...-putting-risk/
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by BA6948
Poor hygiene is coming to bite BA it seems.
How? Let's be honest. BA doesn't and won't give an absolute toss about this... unless they get fined. Crews have been complaining about the state of aircrafts ever since I joined and have posted hundreds of pictures on Yammer of the state of the aircrafts, be it the galleys or the cabins or the crew rest areas or the cockpit. The only thing that has changed, I understand, is that Yammer has been closed.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
In the absence of any formal response from BA (as requested by the paper) to this linked article, it seems reasonable to accept the content at face value. A worrying state of affairs for those CC currently at risk.

One wonders whether some staff - conscious that jobs are very definitely on the line (as stated by Alex Cruz) - feel that a refusal to continue to work would weaken their personal job security in the weeks / months ahead.

Also interesting to see - based on 13901’s post - that the rumours of yammer having been purposely disabled by BA are seemingly accurate.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Big story, the “truth will out”.
flygirl68, cbagent, mjh0 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 8:31 am

I didn’t post this at the time, but this was the ceiling above my partner’s seat on our LGW-BGI flight on March 14. We disinfected our seats with Dettox wipes etc and were pretty horrified to see that the cleaners had left this spill stain in full view. Of course we had no need to touch that part of the ceiling but it really really undermined any lingering confidence that they are taking this seriously and cleaning properly at last.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by aristoph
I didn’t post this at the time, but this was the ceiling above my partner’s seat on our LGW-BGI flight on March 14. We disinfected our seats with Dettox wipes etc and were pretty horrified to see that the cleaners had left this spill stain in full view. Of course we had no need to touch that part of the ceiling but it really really undermined any lingering confidence that they are taking this seriously and cleaning properly at last.
I've heard of raising a glass, but this is taking it a bit too far, isn't it?!
tynmar likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: AA: Life time PLT; HH Diamond
Give support

This is very worrying, but not surprising considering the posts here for many a while. Important to support CC who are in the frontline and hopefully will get support from all on here
EuropeanPete and flygirl68 like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Mar 30, 2020 at 9:22 am Reason: remove unnecessary inflammatory remark
Old Mar 30, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by MNMAA
I've heard of raising a glass, but this is taking it a bit too far, isn't it?!
Presuming it's liquid from glass...
Old Mar 30, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
I had some delightful company on my SIN-LHR a couple of weeks ago; bitten head to toe by Bed Bugs in seat1A.

What amazed me was the same aircraft (XLEL) then went out to SFO the same day.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Dirty Cabin

This is the seat pocket on I flight I took earlier this month. A suspicious brown strain, with a pocket full of stale crumbs (and a broken blind beside me). Old and crusty, certainly not just the previous flight.
gordon0808 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Makes one wonder how may used diapers have been even temporarily stuffed into that seat pocket, doesn't it?
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
More likely to be a Magnum ice cream.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Just another example of standards slipping or Contracts being cut to the bone. When I started flying BA about 12 years ago, after a lot of long haul on VS I'd hoped BA was the kind of airline that led the way in the industry, sadly I don't think I've seen one positive example of that.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
By way of contrast, the A320 I was on yesterday was in pristine condition, not that I went out of my way to check every nook and cranny as some appear to do. It smelt of cleaning fluid (a bit too strongly for my likes) and as you can see all unnecessary material has been removed apart from the safety card, waste bag and the wifi instructions. This was NEO G-TTNL, so admittedly only 3 weeks old.

Old Mar 30, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You got lucky. This is a photo of generations of muck lurking down the side of my CW seat on KWI/LHR. CSD deeply apologetic (but no Avios). I then send the photo to Customer Relations and received an absurd reply in which it was asserted that all aircraft are thoroughly clean at all times and there is no risk to the health of any passenger or crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.