Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Comair Seating 738

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:57 am
Original Poster

British Airways Comair Seating 738

My previous Club experience of British Airways Comair has always been on equipment with strange layouts but generally 2 - 3. For a booking in March from Johannesburg to Windhoek (BA 6275, Equipment 738) however I have received an email today informing me of a seat change due to operational issues to an even more interesting/peculiar Club layout, specifically 1-2-1. Have they outsourced the flight to another airline eg. Kulula or is this a new layout that BA Comair have introduced?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Plat SAA Voyager Alaska Airlines
Received same e mail for flight CPT- JNB in Sept with same strange layout
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What date is the flight? I know Comair have been wet leasing some interesting planes to cover for their non available 737Max
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:27 am
Original Poster

18th March
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:37 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
On Expertflyer, the seatmap shows it as a 737-800. The configuration in Y also shows standard 3-3 layout

I would read that as a 2-2 configuration A,C - D,F

Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
I also got an email this morning for BA6275 JNB to WDH on May 11th. Our previously assigned seats had been swapped to the 2 middle seats in a 1-2-1 configeration. We didn't fancy those seats so selected a window seat each. I can cope with not being sat next to Mr Redrose for a couple of hours. .
I'm expecting that the aircraft could well change again before we fly though!
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Strange Comair seating plan

I'm booked on the BA6291, JNB:LVI in May. Today I got the standard "seat change email" so I went to MMB to see what exactly had happened. The new seat map is showing a 1-2-1 config in Club which I haven't seen before on a 738.

Any tips on the best seats?
TIA.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
I got the email for a CPT-JNB flight on this Sunday 23rd Feb .. I'm assuming as above it's actually 2 - 2 seating and have moved us accordingly ... I'll post here with what it actually is after flying it !
Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
I got the email for a CPT-JNB flight on this Sunday 23rd Feb .. I'm assuming as above it's actually 2 - 2 seating and have moved us accordingly ... I'll post here with what it actually is after flying it !
sometimes the IT not so good but the row 1 left hand pair looking forward (1a plus the other) have the best space by far.
only downside with Comair is that despite a country rife with checked bag pilfering the 737-800s I’ve been on have all had v small early 80s like overhead lockers. I believe a few don’t and have the Boeing ‘sky interior’ instead.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:31 pm

Wow. We are flying on comair jnb/wdh on April 15 in business. I have not received any notification of seat changes. I will check mmb on ba and report back.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 12:23 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Another one for a change on JNB to/from WDH, this time in June, switched from a window pair to the strange centre pair. Would be interested to know what these really are.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Comair 737-800 J Class Seat Map 2-2 or 2-3 ?

I’m booked next week to fly CPT to JNB on Comair 737 in J class. Previously, all seat maps were 2-3 in J, and all my previous flights also the same. Now the seat map for my upcoming flight has just changed to 2-2. Does Comair have any 737 that have this config? It was new to me. Anyone flown Comair J class with 2-2? Just curious if anyone out there has seen this before....? My flight is Monday at 12:20, to be specific.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:29 am

The Comair 737-800 Business Class seat isn't anything to get excited over. It's essentially 3-3 seating as Economy with the middle seat free. The backrest in the middle seat drops down and deploys as a central table when part of the business class configuration. The cabin divider between Business and Economy can be moved according to demand. Think European Business Class and you'll be thinking along the right lines. The 737-400's that remain in the fleet operate in a 2-3 configuration (The original Club Europe converter seat from the early 90's)

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Feb 21, 2020 at 2:36 am
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
The Comair 737-800 Business Class seat isn't anything to get excited over. It's essentially 3-3 seating as Economy with the middle seat free. The backrest in the middle seat drops down and deploys as a central table when part of the business class configuration. The cabin divider between Business and Economy can be moved according to demand. Think European Business Class and you'll be thinking along the right lines. The 737-400's that remain in the fleet operate in a 2-3 configuration (The original Club Europe converter seat from the early 90's)
They have at least some aircraft which have fixed 2-3 seating which is not the old Club Europe convertible seating ( which I have also seen in the past ) .. I was on one last Sunday like this for sure !

I'm on the type with the mysterious 1-2-1 seat map on this Sunday .. Will report here what it actually is ( presumably nothing too exciting!)
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
I'm on the type with the mysterious 1-2-1 seat map on this Sunday .. Will report here what it actually is ( presumably nothing too exciting!)
My money (like that of many of us, I suspect) will be on nothing more exciting than a coding error made by someone who doesn't understand that in an AC|DF layout, there is no gap between A and C even though there's a missing letter, and there is a gap between C and D even though they are consecutive letters. The more interesting nosy question that I have is whether that was made by someone at MN or someone at BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.