Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LAS arrival on Alaskan, departing on BA - what to do with my luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I will be arriving into LAS on Alaskan, and departing on BA274 later the same day. I will have a good half a day + to spare. I might as well go into town rather than hang around the airport.

I see that there are no left luggage options at the airport, and as far as I know, I cant check my bag all the way through from my inbound Alaskan flight?

next best option is to check in my luggage at LAS, but how long before departure do they open the check in?

Any other ideas?

thank you.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:10 am

If you’re heading into town just leave your bags at the bell desk at any hotel - they don’t know or care if you’re a guest and I’ve never had anyone check a register or even ask for my name when I’ve left bags
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AS and BA have an interline ticketing agreement. I am trying to understand why you are concerned that AS won't check your bag through. This is a connection isn't it?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
I will be arriving into LAS on Alaskan, and departing on BA274 later the same day. I will have a good half a day + to spare. I might as well go into town rather than hang around the airport.

I see that there are no left luggage options at the airport, and as far as I know, I cant check my bag all the way through from my inbound Alaskan flight?

next best option is to check in my luggage at LAS, but how long before departure do they open the check in?

Any other ideas?

thank you.
Are your AS and BA flights on a single ticket? If so, you certainly can have AS through-check your bags to London on BA. If you have two separate tickets, then you probably cannot; but it never hurts to ask AS when you check in for your first flight; but be prepared to show a printout of your BA reservation and ticket.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Separate tickets.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Separate tickets.
I had this a few years back PDX-SEA-LHR. The check in staff were most insistent that I check my bags all the way through, as it would inconvenient for me otherwise Maybe things have changed, but it's worth asking.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
It looks like you might be able to get it checking through AS even if it's separate tickets because of the interline agreement according to this thread. However, it doesn't look like BA would do the same. Might get more help from the AS message board.
mclachlan4321 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Separate tickets.
As a frequent Alaska flier, I can confirm that AS will indeed check your luggage through to your final destination one seperate tickets. I have done so to AA & CX. AS has an interline agreement with BA which is also an AS partner.

James
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.