Search

Concorde room on LHR arrival??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Concorde room on LHR arrival??

Hi

Will be flying First class next month TLV-LHR arriving LHR @ 8PM
Will be Departing LHR - LAX 10:30am next day.

Any way I will be able to get into Concorde room when I arrive in LHR? Any other lounge?

THX
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Can you clarify which cabin you are in to LAX?

But you can't spend the night in CCR because (a) Terminal 5 closes overnight and (b) to enter airside you need a boarding pass for the day of travel, not the next day.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Unfortunately not. You'll not be permitted airside until the following day, and the arrivals lounge will be closed by 8PM
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Flying First class LHR-LAX next day...
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I believe that you cannot access connections without a same-day BP given that LHR shuts down over night.
So in short, no you cannot.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
As cws will surely point out, that entitles you to CCR access on that day (LHR - LAX), but nothing on the day of arrival I'm afraid
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
The closest accessible/open lounge of any kind will be Club Millesime at the Sofitel which is directly connected to T5 - they have some food and drink on until 22:00hrs. Used to be on Priority Pass a few years ago but now you need to be staying at the hotel in a club access room or a regular room with Accor Platinum status.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
The closest accessible/open lounge of any kind will be Club Millesime at the Sofitel which is directly connected to T5 - they have some food and drink on until 22:00hrs. Used to be on Priority Pass a few years ago but now you need to be staying at the hotel in a club access room or a regular room with Accor Platinum status.
As you point out this is only if staying at the Sofitel. I find the Club Millesime to be sparse and only have used it to grab a very light snack or self-service drink and then head back to my room. It is also windowless. Obviously remains the easiest option arriving at T5 late and departing T5 early the next day.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
As you point out this is only if staying at the Sofitel. I find the Club Millesime to be sparse and only have used it to grab a very light snack or self-service drink and then head back to my room. It is also windowless. Obviously remains the easiest option arriving at T5 late and departing T5 early the next day.
Now need to get a reasonable rate @ the Sofitel ...
any clue?? Or will get to the HIX as usual ....
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ehud
There are quite a few choices now. If it's a weekend (when the rate can be lower) then the new Hilton Garden Inn at T2 is worth looking at. If you mean the HIX at T4 then also look at the Crowne Plaza and Premier Inn rates. But I'd also consider - for convenience and cost-effectiveness - the Thistle which is connected by POD. So you can get your a Marks and Spencers picnic, wizz up the lifts to the POD and be in your room fairly swiftly thereafter. There is a dedicated thread on the Sofitel in the Dashboard, and the Thistle one hasn't quite achieved Dashboard fame yet so here is the direct link.
Thistle London T5 - By POD for £5 PP
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:03 am

I stayed at the Thistle this week for the first time in years. I was very pleasantly surprised. I guess I had a refurbished room but it was bright, clean and modern. It was £40 and an absolute bargain.

I'm guessing from what I've read on here that not all rooms are like that, but I would heartily recommend it based on my experience. Staff were very welcoming too.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There are quite a few choices now. If it's a weekend (when the rate can be lower) then the new Hilton Garden Inn at T2 is worth looking at. If you mean the HIX at T4 then also look at the Crowne Plaza and Premier Inn rates. But I'd also consider - for convenience and cost-effectiveness - the Thistle which is connected by POD. So you can get your a Marks and Spencers picnic, wizz up the lifts to the POD and be in your room fairly swiftly thereafter. There is a dedicated thread on the Sofitel in the Dashboard, and the Thistle one hasn't quite achieved Dashboard fame yet so here is the direct link.
Thistle London T5 - By POD for £5 PP
I dont see "deals" per se at the Sofitel anymore (used to be found on lastminute as a "secret" hotel) as they are the most convenient literally attached to T5 there isnt much reason for them to offer discounts. Since the LAX flight doesnt leave terribly early in the morning as CWS and others point out there are many very decent hotels around LHR easily accessible by bus or train from/to T5!

Just wondering Ehud if you or your traveling companions prefer kosher meals? Obviously those can be requested onboard but they are also readily available at the CCR for you to enjoy in the lounge and there are some details here in the BA forum about whats typically on offer.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Did anyone try the new Holiday Inn (London - Heathrow Bath Road)?
How would be the morning/evening traffic to T5?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:15 pm

From the new one (not far from the McDonalds, but opposite, right?) to T5 on the 423 bus I’d say 30min tops.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:38 pm

Did anyone try the new Holiday Inn (London - Heathrow Bath Road)?
How would be the morning/evening traffic to T5?
Yes, it's OK for traffic, I've not had a problem from there (and it has the unique experience for me of having a field of sheep around it!). If you get the TFL bus stop on your phone to work you can make a judgement call as to whether to take the direct bus 423 to T5, or whether to go the other direction to T2-T3 and the tube from there. Probably only worth doing that if you just miss a 423. There is another obscure local bus service from there to T5, it's also free.

Just take a careful note of which HI on Bath Road, I think you mean the one by Newport Road, but actually there are 3 Holiday Inns on the same road a few miles apart. The Staybridge Suites are nicer rooms, but can be expensive. They come with a full kitchenette. The two hotels share the building and some facilities, so the gym has two doors at either end, one to HI, the other to Staybridge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.