Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CPU Upgrade Waitlist Glitch @SFO 12/6

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
CPU Upgrade Waitlist Glitch @SFO 12/6

Never experienced this before, but as soon as I checked in yesterday my name never appeared on the CPU list in the UA app.

Only 2-3 ppl appeared on the waitlist which I assume were the same passengers listed on the standby list. PN/PZ 5+ yesterday, morning ever cleared, but first is now showing full.

The gate agents say they see there’s no upgrade list but nothing they can do.

Assuming this is a major IT glitch as a biproduct or the PointsPlus roll out. Hoping no one else encounters this one today. I would have been pretty upset if this flight were longer than SFO-LAX.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by globetraveler
Never experienced this before, but as soon as I checked in yesterday my name never appeared on the CPU list in the UA app.

Only 2-3 ppl appeared on the waitlist which I assume were the same passengers listed on the standby list. PN/PZ 5+ yesterday, morning ever cleared, but first is now showing full.

The gate agents say they see there’s no upgrade list but nothing they can do.

Assuming this is a major IT glitch as a biproduct or the PointsPlus roll out. Hoping no one else encounters this one today. I would have been pretty upset if this flight were longer than SFO-LAX.
Make sure you report this ... there is definitely a problem here. I was apparently completely removed from the UG list - we had loads of duplicates at one point, and in the manual clean up they appear to be erroneously deleting / removing people from the list. Apparently in order to appear on the physical list on the app/web, you have to already be on the shadow list. If you are removed from the shadow list, then obviously you are not in line. Bizarre, but this seems to be the case.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Definitely issues going on. Not a CPU issue with me but I have an upcoming reservation with a GPU (PP) applied where one particular leg shows upgrade "confirmed" on any platform and browser I view my reservation on. UA agents and the IT helpdesk say everything is ok and cannot see this, and show nothing confirmed. Yet, something is obviously triggering that erroneous "confirmed" message to appear.

Some issues being discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...embers-63.html
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA GS
I had this issue over the summer with same flight number / equipment change (a "Change of gauge" according to wikipedia) and it took a few calls to get an agent to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.