Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJC WN Customer Service Counter - Airside?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
SJC WN Customer Service Counter - Airside?

Hi Folks,

Been awhile since I last flew to/from SJC. I don't recall if there is a WN customer service counter past security. If so, can someone kindly point out btwn which gates they're located?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
What would you need that any of the staffed counters (which move around from gate-cluster to gate-cluster as departure traffic warrants) can't give you?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Dup my bad

Last edited by joshua362; Nov 20, 2019 at 5:59 pm
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Hi Folks,

Been awhile since I last flew to/from SJC. I don't recall if there is a WN customer service counter past security. If so, can someone kindly point out btwn which gates they're located?

Thanks!
If you added just a little bit more information, folks could help.

What is you need from customer service?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by joshua362
That was my first thought. I seem to recall Airside CS counters (rarely staffed) in the hallways of BWI and other larger stations, not near gates but that was a long time ago...
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:43 pm

Hi Folks,

Thanks!
What do you hope to achieve? Those things are largely ancient history.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
What would you need that any of the staffed counters (which move around from gate-cluster to gate-cluster as departure traffic warrants) can't give you?
I'm flying in on a separate ticket into SJC. I'd like to buy priority boarding for my flight that won't depart for a couple of hours.

I prefer to avoid clogging up some other gate agent working on their flight since it can be very hectic for them. Also I just want to get it done in advance so I don't have to wait at the gate to be staffed for my flight. And that will allow me to head to the lounge or restaurant instead of waiting around at the counter.

Back to the question, is there or is there not a customer service counter?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:04 pm

I'm flying in on a separate ticket into SJC. I'd like to buy priority boarding for my flight that won't depart for a couple of hours.

I prefer to avoid clogging up some other gate agent working on their flight since it can be very hectic for them. Also I just want to get it done in advance so I don't have to wait at the gate to be staffed for my flight. And that will allow me to head to the lounge or restaurant instead of waiting around at the counter.

Back to the question, is there or is there not a customer service counter?
If you’re referring to an A 1-15 buy-up, it must be done at the gate, and generally you won’t be able to do anything until about an hour before your flight. No need for a non-existent CS agent.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
If you’re referring to an A 1-15 buy-up, it must be done at the gate, and generally you won’t be able to do anything until about an hour before your flight. No need for a non-existent CS agent.
So it can't be done by any agent? Doesn't make sense as the website says it is available at the check in counter, which implies it can be done more than 1 hr before flight.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:19 pm

So it can't be done by any agent? Doesn't make sense as the website says it is available at the check in counter, which implies it can be done more than 1 hr before flight.
At the gate.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
At the gate.
Not just at the gate.

Old adage, when in doubt, call.

Same day, any agent. Check in counter or any agent that can process the upgrade will work.

Still does not answer the original question though. Guess I'll keep an eye out
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:50 pm

Not just at the gate.

Same day, any agent. Check in counter or any agent that can process the upgrade will work.

IME, at the gate. YMMV tho.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Still does not answer the original question though.
In nearly a decade of WN out of SJC Terminal B I've only seen check-in, gate, and counter agents, no dedicated CS desk.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:14 pm

Not just at the gate.

I’ve bought the upgraded boarding at a different gate. I saw an gate agent with no line and asked there. But I’m in Vegas and we have a TON of Southwest Gates. It’s pretty easy to find one without a line.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:17 am

Out of curiosity... how is SJC? I am flying through SJC with a 2 1/2 hr layover on my way to SNA in a couple of weeks. My friend is also flying through there with like a 45min layover. How busy is the airport? Is 45min plenty of time to make it between southwest gates there?

Thanks.

Jason

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.