Tier Point Bonuses?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:23 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Tier Point Bonuses?

Hi All,

I currently live in Sydney, Australia and I'm about to relocate to London. I'm a frequent flyer with Qantas and will most likely switch over to British Airways Executive Club.

I wanted to know if BA ever offer any bonuses on tier points to help get status more quickly? Also, on a side note - do BA offer status matches? I'm gold with Qantas - which is equivalent to silver with BA. I know they are both oneworld, however I would like to start using my BA Executive Club number in bookings and have no status just yet.

Thanks all.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
No and in most cases no for status match. Check out statusmatchet.com
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In terms of tier points (as opposed to avios) I haven't heard of any bonuses or accelerated collection schemes.

BA are not likely to status match from another oneworld FFP - in fact I rarely hear of them offering status matches from any FFPs usually unless there is some broader corporate contract involved.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
There’s nothing to stop you putting your BA Exec number in your bookings, but using your Qantas card for any additional benefits like lounge access
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Acid
No and in most cases no for status match. Check out statusmatchet.com
Statusmatcher.com
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All,

I currently live in Sydney, Australia and I'm about to relocate to London. I'm a frequent flyer with Qantas and will most likely switch over to British Airways Executive Club.

I wanted to know if BA ever offer any bonuses on tier points to help get status more quickly? Also, on a side note - do BA offer status matches? I'm gold with Qantas - which is equivalent to silver with BA. I know they are both oneworld, however I would like to start using my BA Executive Club number in bookings and have no status just yet.

Thanks all.
Fellow Aussie here. BA won't status match so to add a different perspective, how long are you planning to stay, how close are you to QF Lifetime Gold and how often will you fly while in the UK?

If you're going to be doing a lot of travelling and planning to stay a while, switching would make sense. Reward Flight Saver is arguably the best thing about BAEC and can represent great value during peak travel periods. If you get to BAEC Gold, there's added avios availability and Gold Priority Reward which can come in really handy. If you're relocating with a +1, keep in mind Amex offer a 2-4-1 voucher which again can represent great value when redeeming for premium cabins.

BAEC unfortunately don't offer a way to get Lifetime Sapphire (Silver) which QF does (Gold) so if your long term plan is to head back, consider how far you'll be set back by switching.
nancypants and PlaneSpeaking like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by HB7
Hi All,

I currently live in Sydney, Australia and I'm about to relocate to London.
Sorry to hear that.
lhrsfo, nancypants and TTmex like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:37 pm
HB7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 13901
Sorry to hear that.
Hahahaha LOL.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:38 pm
HB7
Original Poster

Thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it. I will just have to do the time I guess
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HB7

I wanted to know if BA ever offer any bonuses on tier points to help get status more quickly? Also, on a side note - do BA offer status matches? I'm gold with Qantas - which is equivalent to silver with BA. I know they are both oneworld, however I would like to start using my BA Executive Club number in bookings and have no status just yet. .
Originally Posted by HB7
Thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it. I will just have to do the time I guess
  • As post 6 and others above, how long will you be in UK? A few years or for ever?
  • What are your objectives from a ffp?
  • Flying pattern? On which airlines? OW may not be the best for prices or schedule. UK-EU flights are very short compared to Aust, so do not earn much.
  • QF gold = OW sapphire = BA silver
  • If you change to BAEC make sure you do something to keep the QF points alive. If no eligible activity in 18 months they will expire. Or burn/use them
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.