Search

Codeshares and crediting to Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Codeshares and crediting to Delta?

I’m looking at a fare to SGN. According to Expedia, the first segment is a codeshare with CI and it’s H-fare. The second segment is operated by VN and it’s Y-fare. The return is the same. So for the codeshare flight, since both VN and CI are Skyteam carriers, I’m assuming I’ll earn miles on that segment? The difference here is that VN H-fare earns 50% while CI H-fare earns 25%. Can someone please clarify this for me?

On a slightly different note, does DL make any distinction whether the fare is bulk or published? Any difference between H-fares purchased from a heavily discounted OTA vs buying from Expedia? My concern is whether I’ll get credited for the miles.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
The only thing that matters here is the marketing carrier as everyone is skyteam. Go to this website, find the marketing carrier of your flights and then click on their name then the white box stating something like "earn after xyz date".

Make sure to keep your boarding passes after your flights as you could have problems with the flights auto posting. You'll likely earn reduced rates for MQM/MQD/RDM as neither CI not VN are tier 1 partners, but better than nothing I guess.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Weekend Away
The only thing that matters here is the marketing carrier as everyone is skyteam. Go to this website, find the marketing carrier of your flights and then click on their name then the white box stating something like "earn after xyz date".
I did, which was how I was able to get the info about the fare classes.
​​​​​​​
I forgot to mention it’s VN2035. Not sure this flight range is eligible for DL or not
Old Oct 19, 2019, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lsquare
I did, which was how I was able to get the info about the fare classes.

I forgot to mention it’s VN2035. Not sure this flight range is eligible for DL or not
As its codeshare it must be operated by a ST airline to earn. As it is operated by CI, a ST airline you do earn, but as VN coded at VN rate.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
As its codeshare it must be operated by a ST airline to earn. As it is operated by CI, a ST airline you do earn, but as VN coded at VN rate.
According to DL’s site, VN H-fares is 50%. I guess it’s a safe bet I’ll get that?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by lsquare
According to DL’s site, VN H-fares is 50%. I guess it’s a safe bet I’ll get that?
If VN H earns 50% that's what it earns. The VN Y segment will earn whatever VN coded Y earns.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A lot of OTAs doesn’t display the fare type. The flights appear to be the same as on Expedia, but much cheaper. How else can I check the fare type to ensure I get my miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.