Search

Choice Benefit Error

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Choice Benefit Error

So I am trying to do the gift gold medallion to the significant other and i am getting an error that they are "already the level of status you are trying to give them" (They are GM as I gift them medallion status every year)

Do I have to wait until 2/1/2020 for their status to expire to re-gift it to them or is it an error with DL.DUMB?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:11 pm

I believe if you gift anyone GM status now it will expire on 1/31/20 so wait until then so they get the GM benefit for the entire year.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I believe if you gift anyone GM status now it will expire on 1/31/20 so wait until then so they get the GM benefit for the entire year.
it depends on the year of the benefit, not when it is gifted.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html

"For selections made for 2019 Choice Benefits, recipient status is valid through January 31, 2020; for selections made for 2020 Choice Benefits, recipient status is valid through January 31, 2021."

Originally Posted by vincentharris
So I am trying to do the gift gold medallion to the significant other and i am getting an error that they are "already the level of status you are trying to give them" (They are GM as I gift them medallion status every year)

Do I have to wait until 2/1/2020 for their status to expire to re-gift it to them or is it an error with DL.DUMB?

i think you'll have to wait until they have no status or FO.

"Gifted Medallion Status can only be gifted to a recipient who currently has no Medallion Status or Status below the gifted Tier."
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by vincentharris

What year Choice Benefits are you trying to use? If it is 2019 Benefits (which must be chosen by January 31, 2020), you are out of luck. If you are trying to use 2020 CB, then you must wait until February 1, 2020.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
What year Choice Benefits are you trying to use? If it is 2019 Benefits (which must be chosen by January 31, 2020), you are out of luck. If you are trying to use 2020 CB, then you must wait until February 1, 2020.
You dont have to wait till Feb 1 to use 2020 CB. I've already select two of my 2020 CB. GUC and SC membership (which gives me a membership till Jan 31, 2021 - nearly two years).

However the person being gifted the status cant be at that status when it is gifted.

Last edited by flyerCO; Oct 18, 2019 at 6:31 am
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Thanks all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.