Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to book Cairo in CW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Trying to book Cairo in CW

OK, so BA155 is scheduled to go back to BA metal on Nov 1st after Air Berlin. Up until Nov 6th there is CW availability, and then until mid-Jan at least there is zero availability, GGL line saying they are seeing them all sold out! The aircraft is still shown as the 787, which should have 3 class configuration.

Any ideas why CW would not be available.....I can't imagine it is anything to do with the engine checks.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Air Berlin ? Think you meant Air Belgium
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Air Berlin??......that'll be me mixing up my airlines with my city breaks !!!
tynmar likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
It's not EF, just a free online tool from BCD travel, but the availability is indeed without any business class. Not even zeroed out, simply not present.

For 1st December for example:
W - 9
E - 9
T - 9
Y - 9
B - 9
H - 9
K - 9
M - 9
L - 2
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Not unusual. They marry the segment to connecting longhaul into/out of LHR, so they make it impossible to book just to CAI in business. If you look for the same dates, perhaps JFK-LHR-CAI, or HKG-LHR-CAI, you'll see plenty of availability!

Seems to me that they would prefer you to fly RJ connecting via AMM, or the Egyptair nonstops (2 a day) than fly them, if you are in business!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by alex67500
It's not EF, just a free online tool from BCD travel, but the availability is indeed without any business class. Not even zeroed out, simply not present.
On EF, JCDRI are all present and correct, just zeroed.
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
Not unusual. They marry the segment to connecting longhaul into/out of LHR, so they make it impossible to book just to CAI in business. If you look for the same dates, perhaps JFK-LHR-CAI, or HKG-LHR-CAI, you'll see plenty of availability!
No, there isn't.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Suspect they may be considering an A321, possibly without CW config, which means compensation etc. If that is the case then the situation should clear up after a couple of days.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

They seem to be selling Economy and Premium.....are there 321's with just those classes?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
Not unless they're thinking a Euro config 321 has Club Europe as the equivalent of World Traveller Plus...
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
It has been like that for quite some time, they just try to block CW on LHR-CAi or CAI-LHR, I wish i could understand Ba's reasoning on this but I can't. Not willing to sell even one club world seat at maximum fare( J) seems crazy. When I tried to apply an upgrade some times ago one of the GGL agents told me that only Point of SAles in UK has this problem, if you have your account in USA for example, they should be able to see availability
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: BA GGL
There's no availability on any POS I've just checked.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
YUP.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Just to close it off, GGL just called back, Air Belgium continuing from Nov to Jan at least......seats being gradually released
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by Omba
Just to close it off, GGL just called back, Air Belgium continuing from Nov to Jan at least......seats being gradually released
Just got an email which says Titan with no J cabin ? Dec / Jan
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:25 am

Showing in Expertflyer - looks like an all Y Titan A321 (I think either G-POWU or POWV currently operating for Jet2)

Upfront being in a CE config sold as WT+

Seems like this config with a PE style seat

http://www.titan-airways.com/files/u...kk8ekn3jp5.pdf

http://www.titan-airways.com/fleet/a...ess-class.html

Last edited by sammyg901; Oct 17, 2019 at 5:29 am Reason: correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.