Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Changes to WestJet’s Econo & Premium fare change/cancellation fees eff. 17Oct2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to WestJet’s Econo & Premium fare change/cancellation fees eff. 17Oct2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

asovse1 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by tcook052
"Ancillary Revenues"
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I'm sure if the official WestJet representative (who we probably scared away, they haven't logged in since May) were to make an appearance they would surely say it is to conform with industry standards and provide consistency, transparency and value and is all part of our corporate transformation into an airline completely indistinguishable from Air Canada in any way that our guests have been demanding.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by Error 601
I'm sure if the official WestJet representative (who we probably scared away, they haven't logged in since May) were to make an appearance they would surely say it is to conform with industry standards and provide consistency, transparency and value and is all part of our corporate transformation into an airline completely indistinguishable from Air Canada in any way that our guests have been demanding.
I think (but I may be wrong) that "WJter" - who posts to this forum regularly (and as recently as today)..it the official WJ representative.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Error 601
At least they didn't match DL's change/cancel fees.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Frequentlander
"Ancillary Revenues"
What is odd is the change fee on Economy Flex when flying to the US. That makes no sense. Not quite consistent with what comes to mind when you think "Flex". I guess not raising it is an indication that don't understand why they charging it in the first place either.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Is there a link to this? The little picture does not open (for me) and on the WS website the last change is March 11.

Never mind, open image in new tab works. So $25 on Premium, no great big deal. Econo is getting a good boot in the heinie, %-wise.

I used to buy Flex Premium because I do change a lot or cancel but on this current trip the Flex price was more than 100% higher than non-Flex (or whatever they call non-Flex) , which is a pretty high insurance premium unless you literally have no plans to ever fly on WS again.

Last edited by ricktoronto; Oct 15, 2019 at 6:06 pm
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
I see the numbers have been updated on WestJet's website to reflect the new higher change fees.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Air Canada 75K, WestJet Platinum, Marriott Titanium
The Econo Flex outside of Canada has no upside, especially for Platinum flyers. It's almost like they are pushing people to buy lower tiered fares.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by jkordyback
The Econo Flex outside of Canada has no upside, especially for Platinum flyers. It's almost like they are pushing people to buy lower tiered fares.
It will come October 31st, if you're Platinum, Gold, or Silver
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:17 pm

After the recent change to charging per direction, we went from a very minimal fee of $25 per booking to now $100 for a round-trip booking 60+ days out.
tcook052 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.