Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ticket changes club Europe selling class “U”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite

Hello 👋

I have a ticket for an upcoming flight and if possible was going to try and change it for a day earlier, it’s a club Europe ticket that was brought as a base fare and then I accepted a POUG (many months ago) so now it is showing as selling class “U”

Does anyone know what rules are for “U” class tickets in club Europe for date changes, can’t seem to find them anywhere online.

When i I price the change online it’s €130 euro change fee and then €210 euro fare difference... seems bit crazy. Do you think this is correct ?

The flight is currently on 3/10 and trying to change to 2/10, if I can’t it doesn’t really matter but would be nice.

Thanks 🙏
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Doesn’t sound too unusual - £100 or so change fee + fare difference
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Okay thanks
Old Sep 22, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I wasn't aware tickets could be changed after a POUG. If it can be, does the POUG stick and how is the 'fare difference' calculated between a POUG'd economy ticket and the amended CE ticket?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:08 am
Original Poster

On BA.com will let me proceed all way to payment. It maintains the POUG class, so guess would
let me do it.

I didn’t actually try and go through all way with it as I don’t need to change it that bad to justify €340.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by gcuk
I wasn't aware tickets could be changed after a POUG. If it can be, does the POUG stick and how is the 'fare difference' calculated between a POUG'd economy ticket and the amended CE ticket?
I’d guess the original price + POUG cost vs. the new ticket cost.

Fare difference in my mind is the same as saying you can use the existing ticket cost as a credit against the new one
Anonba likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by gcuk
I wasn't aware tickets could be changed after a POUG.
Some POUGs do seem to now allow changes on a fee and fare difference basis, I first noticed it about a year ago. The appropriate fare rules of course are on the page when you're pricing the POUG up.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Here is the text from the poug. "Promotional upgrades are non-refundable and the original fare conditions apply to any upgraded ticket."

And "Customers who change their travel arrangements after the date of booking will not be eligible for this promotion unless their revised travel arrangements also constitute a qualifying flight. In the event that the flight is not a qualifying flight, customers will travel in the cabin they originally booked and if they wish to travel in the upgraded class they will be required to pay the normal upgrade fare applicable in accordance with British Airways standard fare rules. The amount paid for the upgrade can be used as credit towards the new upgrade fare."

so appears change based on you original ticket. Plus the change appears to be to a qualifying flight in your case
Anonba likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.