Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Will I get stay credit for Guest of honor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

i booked 2 nights for my family with guest of honor, will they get the stay credit? The summer promotion have 10% points refund, will they get those 10% points refund?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jfeng0039
i booked 2 nights for my family with guest of honor, will they get the stay credit? The summer promotion have 10% points refund, will they get those 10% points refund?
Stay credit: I'm honestly not sure if they'll get the night credit or not. I've only ever heard it asked if you get the night credit and the general answer to that one is "not officially, and usually not but sometimes you do".

For the 10% points refund: T&C don't say. I'm relatively confident that you'd get the 10% points refunded back to you. I don't see that there's any way that the family member would get those points since they didn't spend them.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK no one gets stay credit for Guest of Honor while if there's a 10% refund of points, it would go to you (the account owner) not "they" as GOH guests don't even need to be WOH members.

Note that to get stay credit, one must both STAY and PAY. In this case, you're paying and they're staying.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year, I got the points rebate for GoH bookings I made for others. I assume it'll be that way this year also.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
The Guest of Honor receives the night credits, not the booker.

I would expect the 10% points refund to go to the booker's account.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:14 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by lamont2718
The Guest of Honor receives the night credits, not the booker.

I would expect the 10% points refund to go to the booker's account.
If the GoH is family member, we may be able to add the GoH name as secondary and booker receives night credit.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RedSun
If the GoH is family member, we may be able to add the GoH name as secondary and booker receives night credit.
That would be cheating.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:19 pm
Suspended

If you say so. If I originally booked a stay with my son. If I can't make it and he makes it, is this cheating??
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:24 pm

If you say so. If I originally booked a stay with my son. If I can't make it and he makes it, is this cheating??
Yes. The reservation should reflect the people who actually stay. Hopefully the front desk will ask for *you* to show photo ID.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes. The reservation should reflect the people who actually stay. Hopefully the front desk will ask for *you* to show photo ID.
I do not think this is the case. Hotel reservation transfer happens all the time and hotels are fine with most of them. This is how some of the hotel reservation resellers (Roomer and Cancelon) work. Some hotels may have problems with it. It can be a case by case.

Again, you can disagree on agree....
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I do not think this is the case. Hotel reservation transfer happens all the time and hotels are fine with most of them. This is how some of the hotel reservation resellers (Roomer and Cancelon) work. Some hotels may have problems with it. It can be a case by case.

Again, you can disagree on agree....
No, it's the case. Otherwise, Globalists could basically operate as travel agents.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Again, you can disagree on agree. I do not want to argue. We move on....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.