Wiki Posts
Search

choosing DM Choice Benefit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 360, Marriott Ambassador
choosing DM Choice Benefit

I will be making DM status next week. I chose RUC as my benefit for PM, will I get additional benefits to use this year as a DM or will I have to wait until next year for them?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I thought this was going to be a thread announcing new options

Originally Posted by pokerloser949
I will be making DM status next week. I chose RUC as my benefit for PM, will I get additional benefits to use this year as a DM or will I have to wait until next year for them?
You will get the DM benefits as well. This will also be true for any future year where you may qualify as DM -- you'll get both the PM and DM choices.

Note also that you do *not* necessarily have to select the PM choice first before making a DM selection.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
I thought this was going to be a thread announcing new options

You will get the DM benefits as well. This will also be true for any future year where you may qualify as DM -- you'll get both the PM and DM choices.

Note also that you do *not* necessarily have to select the PM choice first before making a DM selection.
I had chosen my PM benefit earlier this year with not knowing that I would make DM this early. Glad to hear I will be able to choose some additional things once my DM kick in . I guess my thread title was a little click baity 😂
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had chosen my PM benefit earlier this year with not knowing that I would make DM this early. Glad to hear I will be able to choose some additional things once my DM kick in . I guess my thread title was a little click baity 😂
Note that you will be choosing DM benefits for the 2020 program year (you won't get another set of DM choice benefits next year unless/until you requalify for DM status again).
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
Note that you will be choosing DM benefits for the 2020 program year (you won't get another set of DM choice benefits next year unless/until you requalify for DM status again).
So I won't get any 2019 program year benefits for DMs?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I won't get any 2019 program year benefits for DMs?
They will let you choose them in 2019, but you won't get another set of DM choice benefits on Feb 1, 2020 as they are 2020 program year choice benefits. You only get one set per DM qualification. You will have to re-qualify for DM next year before you get another set.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:06 pm

No. You qualified for 2020 Dm not 2019 status. However, since you qualified early in the year your benefits kick in and you can select your 2020 choice benefits.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
You can choose them in 2019, but you won't get another set of DM choice benefits on Feb 1, 2020 as they are 2020 program year choice benefits. You only get one set per DM qualification.
Sorry if I'm being dense. If I choose the delta sky club membership in a few weeks for example will I get access to the lounge this year and next? Appreciate the help
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry if I'm being dense. If I choose the delta sky club membership in a few weeks for example will I get access to the lounge this year and next? Appreciate the help
Yes. This is explained in the T&C's on the Choice Benefits web page.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:13 pm

Yes. It will be good thru Jan 31 2021. If you select Guc they will be good for one year from the date issued

Last edited by tennessetom; Mar 25, 2019 at 7:13 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies appreciate it very much. As you can tell I will be a first time DM lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.